|Recruiter:||Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency|
|Listed on:||14th September|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and pushing the boundaries?
Do you have a passion for development and delivery?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for Agile Delivery Managers to join our IT Services (ITS) directorate.
You will be responsible for communicating effectively with highly technical people and be at the front end of building solutions. You will be required to draw on your management and team leadership expertise, you will ensure that software meets the engineering standards and requirements specified by the business, and successfully deliver into production.
The Agile Delivery Manager will actively build and promote an agile approach and environment, whilst ensuring the successful delivery of multiple outcomes via multi-disciplinary teams.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• To effectively facilitate all IT planning efforts, including sprint planning, launch and release milestones, timelines and overall product roadmap in line with the Agency government digital agenda and IT Strategy.
• To effectively drive and lead ITS' management of performance and quality of service by the facilitation of backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning meetings, sprint demos and retrospectives being accountable for driving the delivery of service against performance.
• To ensure individual and organisational learning and development opportunities for Agile Methodologies are fully exploited by continuously assessing your team's approach and sharing your knowledge with other Agile Leads in order to enhance organisational capability and understanding in this area whilst driving initiatives forward.
• To lead and manage effective and continuous development, implementation and evaluation by creating transparency and predictability across teams using appropriate Agile tools and metrics and align with the IT Strategy.
• Responsible for line management and coaching of multi-disciplined teams of highly skilled engineers, and ensuring that they are set up to successfully deliver against the IT Strategy.
• Responsible for performing capacity planning and tracking work in order to generate forecasts and communicate progress against the IT roadmap.
• Responsible for creating a team environment that engenders delivery at pace whilst also remaining flexible enough to adapt to changing business priorities, and championing and coaching best-practice across the DVLA agile community.
• To ensure the efficient and effective running of all DVLA ITS Development Standards and policies. Ensure all Agile procedures are implemented in line with agency policies and procedures.
You may have a technical background and have a range of complex and large scale delivery experience such as using agile methodologies.
It would be great if you had experience of managing a team remotely, driving a positive team culture, supporting professional development across your teams. It would be great if you had experience in delivering digital products and services, able to balance multiple priorities across an ever-changing landscape. You will be professionally curious taking an interest in the wider community and always looking for the next big thing.
You will be a strong advocate for continuous professional development and be an ambassador for changing the culture across government.
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
To apply for this role, follow the link to Civil Service Jobs to upload your CV and Personal Statement.
Closing date: 4 October 2021.