Project Manager - Delivery / Release Management
We are actively looking to secure a Project Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The Project Manager will matrix manage a team of up 30 people, as well as multiple 3rd party suppliers.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the definition and delivery of time-critical outcomes, working with third party suppliers organisations who are delivering key components of the overall solution. This project is delivering the Labs Environment plan for a number of Mobile Network Services.
- Leading - Mobilising and coordinating large virtual teams (Upto 30), often working with external partners and suppliers, to deliver against business objectives.
- Communications - representing the labs at various forums, interfacing to Programme and Project Managers the Lab Environment priorities and planned activities.
- Influencing - Using domain and industry experience to positively affect project delivery, introducing new Agile ways of working to some team members.
- Planning - Assist in Lab Physical POD environment planning? and escalation, whether delivery or defect.?
- Driving Environment Managers to co-ordinate and prioritise workload and issues, tracking a single Labs Environments Plan and milestones.
- Negotiating - Interlocking scope and phasing between projects and workstreams, to deliver outcomes against agreed business demand.
- Driving - Making delivery and prioritisation decisions on a daily basis to manage level of risk. Measured on successful delivery against project outcomes.
- Reporting - responsible for managing delivery risk across the project of work, providing valuable management reporting across the entire stakeholder base.
- Collaborating - working across multiple teams and functions within and outwith the company,
Skills required for the role
- Broad knowledge of and significant experience with Core Mobile architectures, including Cloud products and services.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile concepts and ways of working.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable with presenting at Director level.
- Ability to think beyond existing solutions, to challenge assumptions and existing beliefs and drive forward new ways of working.
- Experience of Agile Ways of Working, ideally experience using Kanban Boards
- Experience in delivering within Mobile Network projects
- Experience of Cloud Technologies
- Experience in leading medium-large matrix teams
- Extensive stakeholder experience across and out with the business, with regular engagement upto and including Director-level.
5 Key Skills
- Driving delivery and prioritisation decisions
- Managing Risk
- Influencing using domain and industry knowledge