Life Actuary - Capital monitoring and Forecasting - Day rate
Start: ASAP - can accommodate a short notice period
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £800-1000 per day
Status: Inside IR35
Location: Home working (UK Based), or Regional office possible.
Company client is supporting a leading Life insurance client who are looking to engage an Actuarial Contractor to support the Capital Monitoring and Forecasting team.
The client has developed a new tool to calculate Capital Sensitivities.The role will be focused on developing methodology to cover short term Capital Forecasting, expanding the remit of the tool, and working with the development and test teams to implement changes.
Purpose of the Role
The Forecasting contractor will be supporting:
* Developing methodology for Short Term Capital Forecasting.
* Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts to define how the tool can be updated to cover more Capital processes.
* Testing the impact on the tool of moving to Enhanced Loss Functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
The specifics of the role will be set based on the experience and skill set of the candidate and could include:
* Working with the wider tool delivery team in an Agile project delivery.
* Working closely with a wide range of Subject Matter Experts from across the Group to deliver the best outcome for the business
* Clearly explaining how methodology should be calculated, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
* Presenting work to the programme director.
Skills & Experience required
* Qualified actuary (or equivalent by experience)
* Experience of Solvency 2, across Own Funds and SCR
* Experience in actuarial systems would be advantageous.
* Strong technical actuarial skills to review and understand impacts
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work innovatively to develop solutions to fresh analytical problems
* Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with colleagues from across the Group
* Good communication skills - ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders to understand their requirements and to explain impacts
* Ability to work independently, work in a multi-disciplinary team and know when to escalate. and
* Flexible to look at a range of issues across a wide number of customers, products and markets