Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Hulme, Manchester
Salary: £37,039 - £39,866 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Year
Closing Date: 10am on Monday 20th September 2021
- To develop, manage and maintain internal software applications for the college.
- To provide accurate and timely information as required for college management and external returns.
- To adhere to coding standards and practices within the Software Development team.
- To ensure all data within developed and maintained systems are secure and all relevant security standards and practices are adhered to.
- To liaise with the CIS Manager, Director of Administration and College Services, the Senior Developer, the Office Manager and other staff on methods of accessing information and to provide in-house training for staff in the use of internally developed systems and other computerised systems as appropriate.
- To maintain high quality documentation of all systems and procedures.
- To develop new systems to respond to the changing needs of the college.
- To ensure that systems are accurate and robust, ensuring that applications are accessible to appropriate staff.
- To contribute to the effective operation of quality assurance systems.
- To contribute to the process of the setting of targets within the department and to work towards their achievement.
- To adhere to the College quality procedures, especially through contribution to the self-assessment process.
- To ensure familiarity with the department's aims and objectives.
- To liaise with relevant external bodies as appropriate.
- To contribute to the College liaison and marketing activities.
- To link with external agencies as appropriate.
- To contribute to the maintenance of an attractive working environment in your area.
- To support the aims and objectives of the College.
- To attend meetings as appropriate.
- To carry out duties with due regard to the college's policies on equal opportunities, health and safety and quality assurance.
- To undertake any other duties the Principal or their designated alternate may reasonably direct from time to time within the context of the Loreto College contract
- Experience of designing, developing and maintaining Full Stack PHP based web applications for a minimum of 2 years in a professional or commercial environment
- Experience of designing, developing and maintaining MySQL based applications for a minimum of 2 years in a professional or commercial environment
- Experience of using Version Control and Continuous integration systems and processes in a professional or commercial environment
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to empathise with 16-19-year olds within a college situation
- High level of numeracy
- Good level of general education
- Experience of problem solving under pressure
- Ability to manage several projects at once
- Ability to work outside normal office hours on occasions
- Enhanced DBS Clearance
- Ability to meet the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act (to be legally employed to work in the UK)
- Experience of managing and maintaining LAMP servers in a professional or commercial environment
- Experience of developing with MVC frameworks such as Yii or Laravel
- Experience of developing and consuming APIs both internally and externally in a professional or commercial environment
- A clear understanding of developments in post-16 education
- Successfully completed or working towards an appropriate qualification to degree level
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.