Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Central London, W1
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Software Developer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications and components. Supports and/or installs software applications and components. Works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have extensive experience developing and implementing applications using Microsoft and Mobile development technologies.
- Maintain software repository and delegating tasks to team members
- Creating and implementing software design plans.
- Analysing code segments regularly and reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality.
- Enhance and develop new functionalities on our existing systems and software products. Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments. Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Liaise with Development Team at parent bank on group projects/systems.
- Consult closely with management and occasionally agency staff related to projects and tasks
- Is required to develop new change requests or fix issues that are in the current application o Debug existing code and find a solution to the issue within agreed SLA
- Work with minimal supervision and should be able to work in pressure environment where there can be lots of demand from users (for new functionality, support, bug fixes)
- Work experience as a Senior Developer (at least 5 to 7 years) in writing bug free code using .Net 4.5 in using C#, Vb.Net, Html, CSS and Java script.
- Develop Windows/web services/web forms using .NET Framework and .NET Core. o Proven development experience in desktop and mobile web development.
- Web Services (SOAP/REST/API) Development
- Experience in writing stored procedures, views and queries in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong experience in structured systems development environment.
- Experience providing 2nd or 3rd line application support when required.
- Experience in analysing systems in order to understand how to support them.
- Experience communicating with Business users of all levels through written and verbal communication.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed o Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Very good communications skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Contact Name: Guaranty Trust Bank