PROJECT MANAGER (CLOUD MIGRATION AND REMEDIATION)-TELFORD-6 MONTHS
Role: Project Manager-Cloud Migration and Remediation Contract -6 months
Start Date: ASAP
About the client:
Our client enables people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential by creating technology that transforms the way people work, play, and communicate. They develop and market software, services, and hardware that deliver new opportunities, greater convenience, and enhanced value to people's lives.
The Project Manager will be vital in the Delivery and management of multiple projects, responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Schedule management: develop and maintain schedules in Clarity/Open Workbench
- Financial management: Accountable for the project cost base, manage project costs and forecasts and present project costs and variances with required explanations at the monthly M review
- Risk management: identify project and cross-project risks and dependencies. Manage dependencies and enact risk mitigations with escalations as necessary Change management: Manage change on the project ensuring that change is appropriately configuration managed. Identify the impactors for both customer and project-initiated change requests and manage the production of accurate responses in a timely manner. Facilitate the production and distribution of any necessary tech notes and arrange impacting workshops as necessary
- Customer management: Identify and maintain professional relationships with key project stakeholders. Ensure regular formal checkpoints take place with the customer and that the client is kept appraised of progress on a regular basis. Take the role of a single point of contact for the customer and attend to any ad-hoc queries. Develop trusting and professional relationships at all levels of the client organisation. Seek new opportunities to improve the client business and generate revenue. Agree and monitor the engagement using the Capgemini OTACE process Resource management: Work with resource managers to fully resource project and accurately forecast and record staffing demand and costs. Agree assignments and provide reviews in a timely manner. Ensure that HR policies are adhered to and that team members are released when no longer required by the project. Actively mentor and coach others within the project team
- Proposal management: Good level of commercial awareness, develop and present business cases, feasibility and design proposals. Proficient at managing the impacting and estimating process for proposals and change requests. Develop solid recommendations and solutions and assess requirements and the value delivered to the client
- Communication management: Produce the project governance plan and define the project RACI matrix and organisation structure. Chair regular project checkpoints and ad-hoc meetings. Report project progress to line management, client, stakeholders and the account leadership team. Where necessary, provide clear and concise escalations to specific parties
- Implementation management: Manage and direct the execution and implementation of the engagement. Ensure that the project completes the handover to Live process and engages service introduction. Raise the necessary RFC's and present the project/delivery at the Change Approval Board. Agree client acceptance criteria and trial plans and ensure that the project meets the required targets. Complete the project close-down and ensure that the project evaluation review meeting is held in a timely manner and that any actions arising are completed
- Experience of project deliveries using various delivery frameworks
- An appreciation of agile concepts. Ideally would have previous experience of JIRA/Confluence
- A focus on assuring the quality of our project deliveries. Open Work Bench, MS Office, MS Project, UPM
- Good communicator, Ability to influence and coach others, Excellent team working skills, Strong understanding of the e2e process, Good client facing skills, Good conflict management and negotiation skills
- Develop, apply and improve mechanism using defined criteria to segment and prioritize projects from a Business Impact perspective (Organizational Impact, People Change Management, End User Communication, DPO, Works Council).
- Own and execute tailored approaches following this segmenation, steering on efforts and attention in Project Delivery Management on high-priority and complex projects.
- Design, apply and improve monitoring and controlling approaches across the whole project portfolio, which allow in the context of Business Impact Management a systematic progress and risk management, as well as escalation and senior management reporting in context of overall project delivery management.
- Participate in Investment review preparation assuring proper reflection of approaches to manage Business Impact in all projects before these investments get approved.
- Own, implement and improve Business Impact management approaches on single project level. Train and advice the project manager community on these as part of the overall delivery management and project manager training in Group IT .
- Lead, represent and align own area of responsibility with stakeholders across Group IT. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
If this sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply now!
Contact Name: Experis UK