|Recruiter:||Coventry Building Society|
|Listed on:||3rd September|
|Salary/Rate:||£56,560 - £84,840|
About The Role
As the second largest Building Society in the UK and the 8th largest lender, we know a thing or two about Savings and Mortgages. The Society has grown significantly over the past decade in particular and now has over 2500 employees and 1.8 million members. The Society is a Which recommended savings provider and we're proud to be one of the Best Big Companies to work for in 2021.
This is a key role in the Enterprise Architecture team, providing an exciting opportunity for someone with extensive experience of enterprise architecture and ideally financial services, who can confidently act as a subject matter expert, engaging positively with key business leader stakeholders and where required represent CBS Technology team internally and externally. You will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership in:
• The development and maintenance of a technology bias strategy, enterprise roadmap and level architectures for a subset of our business.
• Working closely with enterprise and business leaders to provide insights into the future of technology usage in their area, help shape and then anticipate the future
• Provide strategic governance support by maintaining a view of how strategic our portfolio investments are or are not within guardrails. Ensure a pragmatic approach to short, medium and long-term value derived from investments. Proactively manage any technical debt accrued by more tactical investments.
• Accountable for introducing new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified use cases, via the appropriate governance bodies
• Leads the shaping, design and development of business solutions that are aligned with standards, IT and business strategy, meet business objectives and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls.
• Representing enterprise architecture within adjacent functions, governance and business forums.
• The regular, timely and accurate reporting of enterprise architecture related performance and risks to relevant committees.
• Be highly effective at both written and verbal communication with substantial experience of writing committee papers and developing working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, especially business leaders.
• Have an excellent understanding of architecture, associated strategies and frameworks.
• Have well developed interpersonal, analytical, planning and organising skills, an attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and the ability to work on your own initiative.
• Ability to think and talk to abstract, logical or theoretical concepts in a strategic and business context
• Have significant relevant strategy, enterprise architecture experience gained preferably in a regulated industry
• Have previous experience in-direct influencing and consulting with senior business leaders
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent and architecture certified e.g. TOGAF
About The Company
As an employee, we encourage you to take control of your career. We invest in our people, with regular opportunities for training and development. And later, if you're looking for a new challenge, we actively champion internal progression.
We have a whole range of different ways to support you, both in your role and wider wellbeing. Our flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies also help to make sure you are happy and in control of your work-life balance.
And we're committed to being by your side for as long as you want to be part of our story.
Contact Name: CBS Admin
Job ID: 2974286