|Listed on:||2nd September|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary/Rate:||£25,000 - £35,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job title: Android Software Engineer
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Our client is an award-winning digital consultancy based in Newcastle upon Tyne, and have an exciting opportunity for an Android Software Engineer to join their team. This role is full time, Monday to Friday, however flexibility to work out of hours will be required as part of the on-call rota.
As an Android Software Engineer, you will work as part of a collaborative team of varied disciplines, skills and experience, working on a wide range of client projects. You will be involved in the development of new products as well as the maintenance and support of existing applications.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+years of Android development experience with Java and/or Kotlin.
- Experience of fully developing solutions using Android Studio.
- Experience deploying native apps to app stores.
- Strong knowledge of source control, such as Git.
- Good and effective communication skills.
- Solve technical problems effectively and efficiently.
- Work to given deadlines and budgets.
- Diagnosis and solve software issues.
- Working knowledge of Agile scrum methodologies.
- Work flexibly to meet the demands of a client-led business.
- Xamarin Android.
- Experience setting up CI/CD for mobile apps (in particular Azure Dev Ops).
- Azure Dev Ops.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop native Android (Java/Kotlin).
- Provide technical support for existing applications.
- Assist with customer support.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies and trends in mobile and software development.
- Deploy mobile app builds to Visual Studio App Center and app stores.
-Flexible working hours.
-Employee rewards app.
-Corporate travel scheme.
-Opportunities for career progression.
-Training and development programme.
-A lively social schedule.
-Free breakfasts and fruit.
-Free eye tests.
-Cycle 2 Work scheme.
If you think you'd be a great fit for this role, click "apply" and we'll get things rolling. If you'd like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.