Technical Support Manager
The Body Shop
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good - that's us. Over 40 years later, we're proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We're the original ethical beauty brand. We've got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We're all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We're never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura & Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969. In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We're fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who's not afraid to mix things up.
Your role in a nutshell
Are you a highly motivated Technical Support Manager searching for a role in which you will play an integral ‘hands on' part in the execution of our global IT transformation program? The success of this role will hinge on you having experience in managing support staff, developing people, operational management, and dealing with 3rd party vendors.
This is an amazing opportunity as The Body Shop builds on its existing success and is now entering a period of growth with a rapid change in technology / transformation within Technology.
With restrictions lifting, we are building stores of the future, come and be a part of the Journey.
More about the role:
- Manage Two Store Systems Specialists including operational management, task management and people development.
- Management responsibility and oversight for the buildconfiguration of BOPC's and POS devices in line with current standards and security practices.
- Ensure the team are upholding and maintaining documentation for process and standards across all store Infrastructure
- Enable collaboration across all Infrastructure teams to ensure that build standards and configuration across all BOPC and POS device is maintained.
- Responsible for the ongoing operating system maintenance including patching and addressing security vulnerabilities of BOPC and POS systems in accordance with defined standards.
- Work with relevant 3rd party vendors to ensure the right level of support is provided and get involved in specific vendor escalation where necessary.
- Hands on in the day to day support and getting technically involved where necessary
- Provide hands-on 2nd line and some 3rd line support for in store hardware and associated instore Infrastructure
- Provide input and expertise on in-store infrastructure across the Technology department as well as involvement as required in agreed project work.
- Adhere to the end-to-end IT processes when setting up new store devices, upgrading or removing existing systems
What we look for:
- People management (inc. Task delegation, Task allocation and Task management.)
- People development (Mentoring, improving existing competencies and skills, developing newer skills to improve the individual and positive changes to help team members reach their potential)
- Operational Management (planning, co-ordinating, supervising and creating a team with the highest level of efficiency, developing tasks to implement team goals)
- Exp of providing updates to wide circle of UK and EMEA senior stakeholders
- Extensive experience of retail store systems, including Windows 10, Windows 7, Payment devices, POS hardware, network devices and print devices.
- Ability to maintain and diagnose issues with PC technologies, peripherals, applications and networks with minimum supervision
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office 365 technology
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group policies
- Sound understanding of ITIL and IT Service Management
- Demonstrable experience of managing vendors and third-party service providers
- Experience of Microsoft SCCM including software deployments and build creation.
- Knowledge of cloud based build and provisioning
- MCDST or MCSE qualification ideal
Job Segment: Retail
Contact Name: The Body Shop