If you have 1+ years experience supporting core Microsoft technologies this is an excellent route into the civil service in a organisation that offer great career progression.
Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 365 and basic netowkring fundamentals would be a great start, my client will offer training into the wider Azure estate as they develop their cloud offering.
My client is a growing government organisation based in North Bristol - they require a 1st Line Service Desk Analyst to join them on a permanent basis.
- Providing outstanding 1st line technical support in a timely manner to required standards.
- Monitoring and managing support tickets from start to timely conclusion to required standards. Prioritising, escalating and progressing accordingly.
- Monitoring and coordinating flow of tickets through the Service Desk ticketing system to ensure all tickets are managed, resolved or escalated in line with processes and expected standards.
- Working closely with 2nd line colleagues as needed to resolve issues.
- End user systems administration.
- Setting up, configuring and deploying laptops and desktops.
- Undertaking standard Service Desk tasks included but not limited to processing new staff, leaving staff, requests, procurement, hardware/software audit and equipment recovery, preparation and provision of new equipment, warranty repair management etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 1+ years' experience in an IT Service Desk role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, pro-active team player but also able to work very effectively autonomously.
- Motivated with a willingness to learn and tackle challenging problems and situations.
- Daily checks as required within scope of role.
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge and experience, and develop alongside 2nd line colleagues.
- Ensuring company and IT policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Demonstratable appreciation and any experience of as many of the following as possible (training will be provided where required):
- End-user administration tasks (Active Directory)
- Mobile device and phone setup and support (Samsung, Microsoft Endpoint Manager).
- End-user and application troubleshooting: Windows 10, Office 2016/365, MS Teams, Sophos Endpoint, Networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP).
£21,000 - £22,500 + excellent civil service benefits
Contact Name: Rory Kirkman