The QA Automation Engineer (Python) will be supporting the agile team in identifying and verifying the acceptance criteria for all user stories (functional and non-functional), to ensure the quality of the solution before it is released. The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer (Python) will report directly into the Head of Quality Assurance
My client is eCommerce/retail company based in Greater London, over a million customers used their marketplace App to buy and sell their clothing and other electronics
- Create and maintain sample input test data and expected results or specific user acceptance for each story. Collaborating with the other squad members and business stakeholders to identify smart acceptance criteria and to identify test scenarios
- Driving a culture of automated testing of systems to capture incidents before they have a business impact. Where required, coaching the team in test automation practices and technologies, scenario, and risk-based testing techniques
- Driving the improvement in the quality of the solution before it is complete by getting involved in the development of each story throughout its lifecycle.
- Participate in agile practices such as 3 amigos, coming up with clear acceptance criteria.
- Execute any required manual testing scripts and automated tests. Retain evidence of all testing.
- Organise and lead reviews of the defects/ issues: preparing any supporting evidence, help product owner prioritise fixes, updating backlog with any defects accepted to fix.
- Be comfortable with working collaboratively, e.g. Pairing with Software Engineers.
- Work with squad members to create automated test environments
- Must be able to write, execute and monitor automation test suites using a variety of technologies for example: Selenium, and SpecFlow
- 5 YEARS or more experience in automation
- Familiar with using Azure DevOps.
- Must have direct experience of working in a cross-functional delivery squad working with Product Owners, Scrum Master, Software and Test Engineers
- Must have working knowledge and insights into testing best practices and implementation of functional, integration, tooling, and frameworks, particularly in creating and refining acceptance criteria to ensure user stories are Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Sized appropriately, and Testable
- Working knowledge of an agile software development environment that has applied Behaviour Driven Design and Test-Driven Development; experience of Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous integration, and deployment is highly desirable.
- Experience in validating and verifying 3rd party software packages is essential
- Understand when and how to use Exploratory testing to support the delivery of user stories
- Applying risk-based test planning techniques that prioritise the tests of features and functions based on the risk of their failure is desirable
- Great communicator.
- Competitive salary package
- 26 days holiday increasing to 31 days with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Work events
- Christmas party
- Cycle to work
- Opportunities to work with the latest cloud-based technologies