Project Manager - Digital First Reporting
Location - London/Remote
Rate - £550 per day via PAYE or £705 Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 months initially (2-3year programme)
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager specialising in Digital First Reporting to join their Global Asset Management team in the London office/remote working for an initial 6-month contract.
The Project Manager will Lead the digital first project to introduce a new experience for client reporting for both internal and external clients, including in house and vendor solutions, making all performance and other reporting results and measures available through a new data distribution that consolidate quality proof data from multiple sources, standardize it and make it available to clients through portals or other innovative digital channels. This role will be responsible to work close with performance and reporting team leads and SMEs, strategic Vendor partners and IT Architecture.
Key activities and decision-making areas:
- Working close with assigned business leads and SME, define project approach and coordinate various phases of the program from requirements, using agile or other life cycle approaches that suite the needs of the program
- Provide professional Project management disciplines following guidance from central PMO including using tools such JIRA/Confluence for reporting status and deliverables
- Creation and maintenance of plan, milestones and delivery schedule
- Stakeholder management
- Prepare Steer co decks, project status reports and presentations
- Coordinate activities Day to day vendor relationship management on all project elements
- Liaison with overall vendor relationship owner in Asset Management
- Coordination of business and IT team activities across multiple locations and time zones Facilitation of requirements gathering, design thinking and solution workshops
- Deliver the project in line with Group's Business Transformation Framework (BTF) and control methods
- Initiate the project, obtaining authorization to start the project and engaging with the project Sponsor
- Produce the business case for the project, developing and reviewing costs estimates and using a value tree to surface benefits and outcomes of the investment
- Establish project structure and governance and agree delivery methodology
- Establish an effective Steering Committee, who make focused decisions, based upon accurate and timely status, performance reports, using the committee as the first point of escalation.
- Mobilise the project team and define roles and responsibilities
- Produce a well-defined project plan, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/resources
- Manage project risks, issues and dependencies, taking ownership of critical issues and ensuring resolution and/or mitigation strategies
- Track project costs and benefits through key checkpoints escalating to the AMG Portfolio Investment Committee(PIC) if forecasts moved away from what was approved
- Maintains project change control, ensuring any changes to baseline are managed through change request and all impacts are considered
- Drive a culture of achievement and ensure pace by identifying and removing barriers to project success
- Promotes and takes accountability for project quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions are taken
- Adopts Group EPMO standards and best practice e.g. JIRA
- Collaborates and builds positive stakeholder and business partner relationships, obtaining buy-in from partner stakeholders
- Sets the pace and operating rhythm, driving a culture of achievement and ensures pace by identifying and
- Keeps focus on the medium- and long-term goals and the Group's values particularly when under short term pressure
- Manages change and implementation within the business to ensure the change lands well and sticks, contributing to benefits realization
- Manages project closure and handover to the business
- Promotes the Group's Values and strategy by creating a positive work environment and promoting teamwork to drive engagement
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Passion for transformation and innovative solutions in particular on client reporting
- An individual with a proven track record of delivering reporting system, working with both internal IT and vendor solutions
- Professional program/project management with proven ability to manage project scope, cost, benefits and resourcing and managing key stake holders
- An individual with a proven track record of delivering data management intensive projects in Asset Management including presentation layers
- A good understanding of the asset management business, specifically alternatives investment reporting, Performance, client reporting and Data management and warehouse for Asset Management
- Ability to support decisions with sound reasoning. Ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team to problem solve and who can influence and motivate people around them.
- High quality written and presentation skills
- Adaptable and can thrive in a diverse work environment.
Contact Name: Carissa Armstrong