Software and Controls Manager
Jaguar Land Rover
£60,000 - £75,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
It's not every day you come across high performance versions of existing models, luxury bespoke commissions, heritage models or individually tailored vehicles that set pulses racing. Unless you join us at Jaguar Land Rover's Special Operations (SO).
Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) are a key part of the SO Organisation delivering World Class Products that amplify our core brand values in Ultimate Luxury, Ultimate Sports Performance and Ultimate Capability. SVO are a Performance based organisation with a Formula 1 team mind-set that requires the best engineers to strengthen its capabilities. Our world class team is currently looking for an experienced Software and Controls Manager to complement our expanding team.
In this role you'll be responsible for the Software & Control systems delivery of SVO Propulsion programmes. Provide software and control systems leadership in order to ensure successful delivery of powertrain systems from concept through to production for SVO's next generation of vehicles. Utilising cross functional expertise and specialists from within the SVO Propulsion team, you will provide the software and control systems leadership and governance to respond to the environmental challenges shaping our industry. An exciting journey realising our future conventional IC powertrain and electrification strategies and products globally.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
As the Software & Controls Manager you'll have experience in Planning and delivery of Propulsion software & control systems. This is to achieve on time engineering sign-off in line with programme milestone requirements. You'll have experience of on time delivery of software and control systems to support programme builds at the MRD's (Material required dates). You'll be expected to have experience in delivering robust software functionality and diagnostics in order to prevent post Job 1 or in-service quality actions.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Manage supplier delivery of the software to JLR programme deliverables and timing.
* Define software test requirements within JLR & coordinate with the Test Team Leader to plan testing and complete the sign-off report at each major software release.
* Responsible for delivery and maintenance of the software releasing during pre-production and provide post job 1 support for service and quality actions.
* Drive the introduction of new features and functions based on internal and external team requests, through the development of robust requirements, specifications and test cases within a system engineering framework.
* Facilitate the training & development of software & controls engineers within the team
* Adhere to software quality processes (in line with ASPICE) to ensure robust software delivery to production.
Knowledge, Skills and Experiance
* Extensive experience of Powertrain software delivery, testing & engineering sign-off.
* Experience with system engineering approaches (requirements engineering / management, functional analysis and allocation, architecture design, validation and verification) and experience with change & configuration management.
* Strong analytical skills and techniques demonstrated in the resolution of complex software & system issues.
* Experience on ETAS INCA, Vector CANalyser/CANoe, (or equivalent), Hardware in Loop (HIL) simulation, testing and automation.
* Knowledge of Vehicle Architecture & system interfaces, e.g Flexray, CAN & LIN communications.
* Strong supplier management capability & proven experience of influencing suppliers in delivery.
* Strong planning mindset to ensure robust plans are developed.
* A good electrical & electronics engineering background.
* Demonstrable ability to work to and develop strong processes.
* Educated to Degree level.
* Knowledge of Requirements writing & DOORS requirements database.
* Knowledge & experience of functional safety management and delivery (to ISO 26262)
* Experience in Software Quality and associated processed ( e.g., SPICE, CMMI )