As a developer in the Defence Business Services (DBS) Automation Garage you will develop Robotic Process Automations and PowerApps digital forms, working closely with colleagues in small, multi-disciplinary agile scrum teams.
- Design, build and test end-to-end digital solutions in line with best practices, and Automation Garage standards;
- Collaborate with team members to continually improve the knowledge within the team;
- Embrace agile practices to deliver processes efficiently and effectively whilst continuing to learn lessons and improve the workings of the Automation Garage;
- Provide estimates for the development and testing of new processes and/or forms;
- Provide the customer with regular updates, delivering Show and Tell demonstrations on development progress;
- Investigate and analyse issues with a view to resolving and improving the service;
- Review and provide constructive feedback on other developer's code;
- Complete self-learning and up-skilling in RPA, PowerApps and other related technologies to improve oneself and the team as a whole;
- Keep up to date with automation tools and movements in the market;
- Management of Junior Developers, assigning work and supervising their progress.
- An aptitude for problem solving and analysis;
- An enquiring mind and a willingness to challenge when appropriate;
- Proven experience of the Microsoft Office suite;
- An ability to understand a business process from a workflow document;
- Attention to detail;
- Communication - both written and verbal
- Highly motivated and resilient;
- Experience or understanding of using JIRA;
- Experience or understanding of working across multiple Agile teams;
- Experience or understanding of delivering with DevOps teams.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years' service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen's birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme.
The post does not offer relocation expenses.
Please click the APPLY button and enter 139152 into the Vacancy Reference field to be taken to the full job advert.
Closing date: 21st September 11:55pm.