Agile Delivery Manager
Homebased - Flexible, United Kingdom
Grade B - £37,694 (National Framework) or £42,712 (London Framework - if you are London office based or homebased and live within the boundary of the M25)
Contracted Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Secondment 3 x 18 months
Closing date: 19th September 2021 at 11.59pm
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
We are looking for individuals who are caring, demonstrate integrity, work well as part of a team and always strive for excellence in everything they do. Help us make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve.
Let us tell you a little bit about the role....
We have a fantastic team of passionate and creative individuals who are integral to achieving this ambition, ensuring we deliver change that adds value and creates an outstanding experience for the people who use our services.
Our portfolio is diverse in nature and offers some incredibly exciting opportunities to get involved in work that is truly innovative and forward thinking. Working to the Head of Product Management, this role is accountable for directing the delivery of one or more CQC core digital products or services by leading a plan of work across the team.
What we're looking for from you...
You will be passionate about building the foundation for how we work in future, using digital platforms to enable us to become a flexible and insight-driven regulator, and to understand how people experience care across an area.
- Build and motivate multidisciplinary teams, helping them organise and plan their work, ensuring that services meet user needs
- Delivering complex digital products across the organisation.
- Create agile working environments, coach and mentor teams and colleagues in agile and lean tools and techniques
- Facilitating agile ceremonies which, including daily scrums and stand-ups and facilitating related activity.
- Coaching and mentoring team members and others to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques to ensure consistency, helping teams organise themselves to deliver products and services that meet users' needs.
- Identify the people, skills and roles for teams needed to deliver to the agreed goals
- Ensure teams clearly communicate their plans and progress using recognised agile practices
- Identify obstacles and blockers to delivery, and help teams to overcome them
- Encourage and facilitate the continuous improvement of agile working practices in teams
- Managing and addressing risks, issues and dependencies, identifying obstacles to delivery and help the team overcome them.
- Communicating across the organisation, listening to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders and interpreting between them.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to actively promote diversity and equality of opportunity, treat everyone with dignity and respect and avoid unlawful discrimination and act in accordance with CQC Values & Behaviours.
- All duties commensurate with your role and responsibilities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience and track record of delivering digital products and services
- Experience of motivating multidisciplinary agile delivery teams
- Experience using a range of agile and lean methods, frameworks and tools in support of digital delivery
- Understanding of the application of agile ways of working in user-centred design and modern software engineering methods
- Expertise in solving issues and unblock problems, drives teams and set the pace, ensuring teams are working towards delivery commitments
- Understanding of the Government Digital Service (GDS) Service Standards and how they apply to the delivery of services
- Experience of coaching and mentoring of team members and colleagues, identifying learning and development opportunities and supporting communities of practice
- Excellent communicator with the ability to convey both technical and non-technical messages
Contact Name: CQC