Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We're already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We're doing more than dream, we're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are searching for a Devops Engineer with a passion for quality, a desire to contribute to a global team and an appitite for learning in areas such as cloud infrastructure, software engineering and devops practices. This individual is required for a variety of digital projects which Jaguar Land Rover are delivering in Shannon, Ireland. We are looking for a great engineer who has a passion for innovative problem solving, quality-first coding and DevOps/SRE practices.
- Would you thrive in an exciting, dynamic and creative environment, but also enjoy the security, resources and influence of an established and successful organisation?
- Would you excel within a world-class and passionate team that loves what they do?
- Are you passionate about learning new skills and working in a team of quality driven devops software and SRE engineers?
You will form part of a collaborative, iterative and agile process in a multi-disciplined team helping deliver best in class digital solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to help support and grow the software engineering and DevOps capability within Jaguar Land Rover.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contribution to software development, packaging and release management in a distributed hybrid cloud environment
- Enablement and enhancement of CI/CD pipelines through codified configuration flow with immutable infrastructure
- Development and enhancement of platform security and security practices
- Implementation of best practice and compliance processes in an agile / devops environment culture
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the delivery of build best in class solutions, working alongside development, cloud and SRE teams in enabling automated enterprise level software build, test and release capabilities
- Contribute to continuous improvement driving efficiencies in delivering enhancements and technical dept management
- Collaborate across various technology disciplines and global teams including development, cloud operations and Site Reliability Engineering
- Learn and help to evangelize agile and devops best practices across development teams and the wider organisation engineering community
- Contribute to planning, co-ordination and delivery through SAFE agile based processes and ceremonies
- Support colleagues by interfacing between multiple groups in a global distributed software delivery organisation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Experience in software development / test / release engineering using agile methodologies
- Experience in software build automation scripting using languages such as python or bash
- Experience with source code management and version control systems eg. Git, GitHub, GitLab
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in Infrastructure / Configuration technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker or similar
- Experience in Atlassian Agile Planning Tools JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.