Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We're already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We're doing more than dream, we're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are looking for a Senior Software engineer who has a proven track record within the industry which has driven quality and automation through continuous integration and deployment. Who has a good understanding of designing, developing and configuring production grade systems or particular system components in terms of throughput, availability, scalability and security. As well as experience of mentoring junior team members.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Velocity, the amount of work (a number of features) completed within a sprint.
- Cycle time metric describes how much time was spent on a task, including each time the work had to be reopened and completed again.
- Code quality, the quality of the software and/or service.
- Writing simple code, with clear intent to other developers and the machines running the systems. One metric of code simplicity is cyclomatic complexity, this measures the number of independent paths your code might have to take - the fewer, the better.
- Writing scalable code, refers to creating changes to the product that don't harm the rest of the business.
- Writing testable code, test automation against manual testing, defines how many lines of code within a feature are already covered with automated tests against those that are tested manually.
- Designing system components considering demands such as high throughput, high availability, security and cloud agnosticism.
- Knowledge sharing, sharing what you know with other developers or with the broader team.
- Supporting each other, being present, listening, given appropriate consideration to suggestions and communication.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Experience in designing and developing production grade applications or system components in terms of security, scaling and backup.
- Experience of software developments for the cloud and container deployments.
- Experience problem solving and issue resolution. To debug and resolve performance and scalability bottlenecks.
- To maintain and revolutionize our highly reliable environments and toolchains with clear communication with key stakeholders in the definition, delivery and disruptions.
- To leverage industry standard techniques and best practices to influence our software development process.
- Ability to work in the Development teams to adopt a culture of change and to streamline software development.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the software development process and industry standards/best practices.
- Knowledge of test-driven development and end to end/integration test.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience of Angular2 or above.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux, etc).
- Understanding of any version control and source control management (Git, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Understanding of any CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in Spring Boot and Sprint Security
- Experience with Angular7+ and/or end to end test tools similar to Protractor.
- Understanding of software configuration management and Knowledge of automated testing using Selenium, JMeter etc.
- Experience in working with cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience in scripting languages such as bash and python.
- Experience with Microservices.
- Experience with container technology such as, Docker.
- Experience with any NoSQL database.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, membership of a competitive pension plan and private medical cover. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey. Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all. (* dependant on your circumstances)