3rd Line Helpdesk IT Support Engineer
£28,000 - £35,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This IT services company has been operating for almost 10 years providing Datacenter Hosting, IT Support, Communications and Print Management out of their offices in Birmingham and Stourbridge.
As a business, they have ambitious plans of growth over the next 3 years and understand that their people are an important part of what enables this to happen. In embarking in this growth, they are looking for exceptional people to be part of this journey. If you are passionate with a will to succeed, they would love to hear from you.
They are looking for enthusiastic people to join the team of skilled engineers offering IT Services to their customer base primarily in the Midlands area.
The ideal candidate will have, as a minimum, a strong understanding of standard IT technologies (to include desktop, firewall, networking, backup, printers, server) and have a strong desire to deliver a high quality service to external customers, primarily within approximately an hour of Birmingham.
- Providing IT Troubleshooting via Telephone and remote support software
- 3rd line Escalation from 1st and 2nd line support engineers
- To provide some onsite solution implementation
- Providing high level customer care and building relationships with customers
- Documenting changes and infrastructure
- To build personal knowledge of their product portfolio
- Working with Senior Management team and Senior engineers to provide top level IT expertise
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Adhere to team and personal performance indicators on helpdesk calls
Personal Skills Required:
- Suitable personal skills to build relationships with clients
- Highly effective communication skills and phone manner
- Ability to handle challenging customer situations and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise work-load and multi-task
- Strong Problem Solving skills
Technical Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working in an IT environment to the requisite level of technical understanding
- Knowledge of virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V/VMWare). Also Server, Storage Networking would be preferred. Citrix knowledge would be beneficial
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Microsoft Windows Server technology design and implementation
- Good knowledge of Active Directory/Microsoft Exchange design and implementation
- Administer Office 365 suite
- Understanding of security solutions such as implementation of Nextgen Firewalls
- Ideally candidate will hold MCSE/MCITP and VCP would also be beneficial
Part of the culture within this company is working to a set of core values and work ethic to provide a happy work life in a positive environment.
- 20 days per year plus Public Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Career Development
- Company Laptop