1st Line Service Desk Analyst
£18,000 - £22,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is an award-winning technology services company based in Bedford. They have been going since 2006 with an established growth record, fantastic clients and an excellent working environment. Committed to delivering high touch IT support, their aim is to provide the highest levels of service coupled with a great working environment.
You will be a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer working on their central service desk. The service desks are managed by the Service Delivery Manager in Bedford.
Your role will be to provide 1st line technical support to some of their key clients. To maintain a high degree of customer service ensuring responses are accurate. As an initial point of contact for clients, you will be required to understand their problem, attempt 1st line resolution and keep the client updated throughout, escalating as required to the second line team.
Overall responsibly for the progression and effective resolution of all support cases received in accordance with their SLA's and KPI's.
Taking ownership of issues and ensuring the customers' expectations and both set, met and exceeded.
Technical Skills Required:
Windows Desktop (7,8.1,10)
- Install, configure and troubleshoot issues
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office suites
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
Office 365/ Microsoft 365
- 365 Configuration, Changes (adds/removes/password resets)
- Understanding of basic networking and troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of IP addresses, DNS and what makes up an IT network
- Diagnosing internet connection issues
- Diagnosing Wi-Fi issues
- Understanding of basic printer errors, printer configurations, including reinstalling drivers and changing printer options within Windows.
- Active Directory (adds/remove users)
- Group policy creation/amend/assign
- File share permissions (adds/edits/removes)
You will be an dedicated and curious IT professional with 2 or more year's experience working in an IT support role. Over the next 12 months they expect you to:
- Manage and triage inbound phone calls, emails and portal requests to the Service Desk
- Exceed SLAs and ensure their 30 minute call back guarantee is maintained
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of client users
- Achieve consistent 5 star on all Customer satisfaction surveys
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a flexible working attitude
- Be reliable and honest
- 28 Days annual leave plus 1 day, 2 weeks either side of your Birthday
- Great working environment with friendly team
- High performance computers for all employees
- Regular social events
- Free fruits and snacks
- Work in a modern environment, they have break out areas, projector walls, and plenty of off street parking
- Employee share ownership scheme - Rewarding long standing employees
"Great people", "The atmosphere makes me want to come into work each day!"