|Listed on:||18th August|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We're writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good... and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what's right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Senior Software Engineer- Ruby on Rails, is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining products and/or systems to enable Sage's business plans and long term objectives using the identified architecture.
The Senior Software Engineer- Ruby on Rails, will assume ownership in the design, develop and delivery of high quality products and/or systems and services that exceed customers' or business partners' expectations and will proactively share their own knowledge for specific technical solutions and business processes in their area of responsibility.
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world's business heroes " from single-person start-ups to large enterprises.
Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
· Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of software development to the completion of difficult assignments.
· Successful develop, delivery maintain high quality software (requirements, design, code, documentation, etc.)
· Take technical ownership of functions, features and services as defined by the development team
· Work with product managers early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in flexible, extensible, and robust way
· Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
· Evaluates progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures.
· Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
· Work cross-functionally with various Sage teams: product management, QA/XD, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
· Mentoring and coaching to junior members of the development team.
· Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics
· Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers
· Extensive experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
· Maintain relevant documentation to describe logic, coding/configuration, testing and changes where applicable.
· Ensure all tasks are completed to the required quality standards.
WHY YOU WOULD LOVE TO JOIN US:
- We use a range of web technologies like React, .NET Core and Ruby on Rails and AWS.
- You'll work alongside highly capable engineers who really enjoy working collaboratively and embracing new insights.
- We offer a range of benefits that complement a competitive salary, including share save scheme, bonus options and pensions plan.
- All colleagues get 25 days of paid annual leave with the option to buy up to another 5 days.
- 5 days for colleagues to learn or develop skills and behaviours linked to their personal or career development.
- Colleagues can also enjoy an additional number of family friendly benefits including the option to flex start and end times during the week and flexible working.
Sage also offers numerous business resources groups that you can join or simply be supported by such as our Foundation Ambassadors.
Make a difference to communities we live and work in, with your 5 volunteer days every year for philanthropic activity. Many of our engineers enjoy supporting educational outreach activities such as Lego League, STEM Ambassadors, Girls in STEM events.