Software Application Developer (DV cleared)
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
South West London
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our Client are looking for a DV cleared Software Engineer. The role will be to act as a senior software team engineer to develop and deliver a wide range of critical applications to our customers. This will involve both the development of custom software as well as the integration of COTS and bespoke software. Dedicated development, test and integration environments are available to support problem investigation and resolution as well as distribution of new software releases.
This role offers a skilled and motivated Software Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the team at a very exciting time. The successful candidate will find themselves working on programmes at various stages of the development lifecycle, from requirements analysis through to design, build, test, and acceptance into live service. This will also be an opportunity to get involved with the transformation of our approach from traditional waterfall processes to an agile process where we will be partners with our customers rather than traditional suppliers. The role will also include the opportunity to work with our supplier base specifying and supporting the integration and testing of the third-party subsystem deliverables.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Attend scrumteam meetings.
- Responsible for reviewing junior team members deliverables and providing feedback & guidance.
- Act as lead engineer for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes.
- Support Estimation Activities.
- Supporting technical planning and management meetings; and
- Provide software metrics to the programme.
Essential, skills in two or more of the following:
- Java application development.
- C/C++ based application development.
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel.
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB).
- Expertise in J2EE development - specifically with web application development.
- Experience of Cloudera Hadoop including HDFS, Flume, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Accumulo, Spark.
- Oracle based development (Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, DBA skills).
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model.
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby.
- Experience with high performance distributed systems.
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization.
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems.
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V); and
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;