I am currently recruiting for a leading consulting firm who are in the market for a Google Cloud Data Engineer on behalf of a retail bank.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with regulations.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from existing systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
- Data mapping and structuring responsibilities
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Experience working on Banking Domain and System
- Preferred experience in Banking transformation programs
- Demonstrable experience on platform and data and analytics tools eco-system - BiqQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Dataprep, Looker
- Strong experience working on ETL solutions
- Strong experience on Google cloud and Google cloud Database and Data systems for data modelling ERWIN, MSVisio
- Experience in SQL-Developer or Toad
- Strong scripting and coding experience
- Experience working on Agile and waterfall and hybrids delivery models
- Engage closely with Senior Management and Clients stakeholders
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in BIAN framework is desirable