Health and Safety Manager
6 months contract - (possibly permanent for the right candidate)
£30-£35per hour - Umbrella/PAYE
My client is looking for an experienced EHS Site Manager for a 6 months contract in Warwickshire. The EHS Manager is responsible for the implementation and management of the EHS programs for the facility or site.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed regulations
- Implement EHS programs in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Provide EHS leadership to site staff, employees and EHS Committees
- Drive EHS compliance through audits and proactive risk elimination
- Implement the companies initiatives and values including IPP Heat Maps, HRP Program submissions etc
- Plan and conduct EHS training for employees, contractors and visitors
- Demonstrate strong leadership as a member of site management team
- Maintain Contractor and Vendor EHS approval including insurance certifications and qualification to perform work
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and develop corrective and preventative action plans
- Maintain EHS expertise to provide technical and regulatory support to Operations teams
- Compile periodic reports to HQ, work co-operatively with EHS HQ on various projects and initiatives.
- To act according to defined Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety instructions,
- including general and company own rules.
- To undertake any other duty and responsibility as may be required by the Line
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- EHS experience in industry or manufacturing
- Ability and willingness to perform essential physical requirements in order to maintain compliance with regulations and business expectations
- Advanced computer skills, primarily with MS Office software programs ie Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access and able to navigate internet and intranet tools.
- Hands on, someone who starts and finishes work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, RCRA, CAA, NPDES, TSCA, CWA, NERC and DOT regulations
- Experience in compliance Assurance
- Experience managing environmental programs
- Experience generating regulatory required reports such as EDRs, Air Emission Inventories, DMRs, Biennial Reports etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a lead across sites
If you feel that you would be suitable for the role then please send your CV.