Scrum Master / Agile Coach - Derby
2 days permanent home working
Up to £60,000 + share options + other excellent benefits
A major FinTech client of mine is looking to hire an experienced Scrum Master or Agile Coach to join a large software team. As part of the IT team, you will work within a culture where communication and teamwork are favoured over hierarchical structure. Day-to-day working alongside Developers, Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and more.
This company is going through a transformation of its technology environment, moving from a monolithic platform to a new modern microservices architecture that will provide products and services across a broad range of channels and utilise new technologies to drive development within their market.
My clients technology function is growing rapidly and we are now at a point where we need a first Scrum Master. This is an opportunity to make the role your own, creating the position from scratch and establishing a model that other scrum masters will then follow. Once this role has been established, there will be more vacancies for further scrum masters and there will be a scrum master sat on each squad.
* Working with numerous Scrum teams to build and support an Agile culture. Being able to promote and explain Agile practices and values to colleagues within the Scrum team as well as across the organisation.
* Acting as a servant leader to the Development team by always being on hand to remove impediments and protecting the team from outside interruptions during sprints. Fostering a trusting and safe environment where concerns can be raised and addressed.
* Ensuring the Development team focuses on the sprint goal and that theyre aware of what to work.
* Acting as the link between the Product Owner and Development Team, nurturing the team and increasing collaboration, whilst removing barriers between stakeholders and the Scrum team.
* Working across multiple workstreams, identifying dependencies and roadblocks in advance and facilitating a way to resolve these through collaboration.
* Supporting the Product Owner by communicating the product vision and aiding the management of the product backlog, including making sure teams are using product management tools effectively and adopting an empirical approach towards planning.
* Facilitating Scrum events such as Retrospectives, ensuring they take place, remain productive and agreed-upon actions and commitments are followed up.
This company is a young business with a dynamic environment that would suit a Scrum Master or Agile Coach with a keen interest in leading edge technology services, an ability to adapt to the changing demands of an agile business and an ability to learn quickly.
If this advert sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply the job online.