About The Role
We have a great opportunity for a MI & Data Analyst to join here at Coventry Building Society during this time of growth and change. Reporting to the Senior MI & Data Analyst, the purpose of the role is to work with our business functions to help transform our data into insightful information used to drive efficiencies and support decision making. This will be achieved through assessment of business requirements, data analysis and design of innovative solutions using a range of technologies.
As our MI & Data Analyst - some key accountability will include:
- Support the MI Centre of Excellence, wider Finance function and the Persistent MI Team where necessary.
- Deliver high quality, cost effective MI solutions, ensuring that requirements can be met by available data and that any changes to processes and systems are fully explored and understood.
- Document, verify and manage MI requirements throughout the delivery lifecycle, challenging where appropriate and using, proof-of-concepts and prototypes to refine & prioritise final requirements with business owners.
- Undertake data analysis in order to evaluate availability and quality of data, identify transformations and produce draft data models.
Working as our MI & Data Analyst, you'll work collaboratively to build and maintain effective working relationships with other internal functions. You'll also provide expert knowledge to colleagues and stakeholders and ensure that the Society's change management framework, methodologies and change control processes are followed.You will be or have:
- Experience in Data Analysis across a range of sources (e.g. relational and dimensional databases, file systems, models, spreadsheets)
- Familiarity with business analysis and process modelling
- Awareness of data modelling and data warehouse methodologies
- Stakeholder engagement, management and collaboration with ability to question and challenge, put forward new ideas and gain buy in through key working relationships.
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience in using Enterprise Reporting tools (ideally Cognos v11)
- Experience in using Data Discovery/Data Visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS VA, QlikSense, PowerBI)
- AWS experience and knowledge (S3, Redshift, Glue)
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite including VBA
- Experience in Data catalogues/metadata management solutions (e.g. Collibra) is preferred but not essential
The closing date for applications is 11th August 2021