Role summary/purpose of job
The Salesforce Suite Developer will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce deployment and including the development of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Pardot, Tableau and Communities. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and functionality within the Salesforce platform. The developer will work closely with functional leaders, organisational units, and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes including: Marketing, Business Development, Continuous Improvement, and our core program business processes. This role includes elements of project management, administration, and data analysis. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our CRM platform.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- Serve as the Lead for the internal Administrators for our Salesforce environment with ~2,600 users
- Work as part of a GT&I team of three focused on Salesforce development, liaising closely with the MBD team.
- Support both IT & MarTech Administrators with basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce side endpoints and inbound/outbound data feeds from/to third party software integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests according to Salesforce best practice
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organisation
- Effectively act as the liaison for the MarTech leadership and function leads within the firm to progress developments with Salesforce and integrated applications
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Support the MBD Product Owner and Leadership with the Roadmap of the platform
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop technical solution documentation aligned with the business objectives
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Develop, test, and document custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation ?
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces on top of the Salesforce platform ?
- Execute test plans to ensure quality delivery ?
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed ?
- Provide estimates and work breakdown structures for assigned tasks ?
- Absorb new product and technical capabilities from Salesforce during new product releases and acquisitions ?
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritise simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Salesforce Platform Developer (I) certification is essential
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, App Cloud, Communities, Pardot, Tableau and AppExchange solutions
- Extensive experience customising Salesforce platform
- Extensive experience with Salesforce automation tools (workflow, process builder, visual flow)
- Experience with Salesforce sharing, visibility, and data architecture and knowledge of best practices
- Proven ability to develop and optimise integrated business processes across objects
- Experience with CI/CD DevOps solutions such as the Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Proven ability to deliver scalable solutions
- Experience of agile methodologies/SCRUM