Field Service Operator
£26,000 - £44,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is a market leader in providing on-site mobile oil reconditioning and in-situ oil regeneration services throughout the UK and Europe. They operate a fleet of modern, hi-tech, self-contained processing plants comprising crew accommodation, on board generators and complete with a fully equipped laboratory. The business line can provide a 24-hour continuous service ensuring an uninterrupted process for all oil filling, reconditioning and regeneration activities for the Electricity Supply Industry.
- Driving of MPUs - (requires HGV licence)
- Liaison with Customer's representatives/colleagues
- Operation of processing plant
- Carry out sampling of insulating oils and tests for electric strength, water content, gas content etc.
- Maintain MPU/MRU running reports
- Supervise/assist with the loading and discharging of road tankers and the draining, flushing and filling of plant on customers' sites
- Perform maintenance/running repairs on MPU/MRU
- Able to obtain & hold nuclear vetting clearance to work on nuclear sites and able to clear DBS checks
- Good mechanical/electrical understanding to operate and maintain equipment
- Clear & effective communicator as you will be involved with all levels of customer interaction
- Good computer & IT skills including typical MS packages
- Be able to work as part of a close-knit team, being able to make decisions & cooperate with your peers
- Be able to embrace change
- A full HGV licence is essential & an ADR is desirable
- CCNSG Engineering Construction Industry safety card is desirable
Salary starts at £26k basic, rising to £32,660k basic after full training and achievement of competencies. Additional payments are also made according to shifts worked off-site, so earnings could be £45k in total.
Their site is based at Stanlow, Cheshire. The nature of the role as Field Service Operator means that you may be required to spend extended periods of time away from home: in the UK and Europe, on board their fleet of specialised vehicles.
Due to the nature of the business, this work involves extended days on customer sites, which can be followed by periods of inactivity between projects. During this time you will be expected to undertake general maintenance and upkeep of vehicles and plant and undertake personal development and training at their Stanlow Works.