3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
£45000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Welcome to this world class interlocking company based on the Kingsbury Road in London. This company is part of a wider group of international interlocking companies with its parent being a top 50 FTSE PLC.
In order to continue providing excellent services, they are looking for a 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer professional to support and maintain the infrastructure in our global sites in the UK and France.
The ideal candidate would have hands on experience supporting and migrating cloud based applications as well as configuring LAN/WAN switching and routing, utilising Windows Server, Azure and O365 with a strong knowledge in designing and implementing DNS and DHCP. Proficient in IT infrastructure, LAN/WAN connectivity, IP, VoIP/SIP, MPLS, Firewalls, Virtualisation, and Operating systems and storage technologies.
- Resolve escalated IT technical issues and day to day 1st/2nd line support for users based in the UK
- Reporting to the Global IT Manager to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insight into general support issues
- Perform upgrades to and installations of new servers
- To lead in infrastructure installation, hardware refresh, and other projects as occasion demands
- Working with the Global IT Manager to ensure we have an efficient and future proof IT infrastructure/architecture
- Maintaining IT security and safety
- Operating within agreed security frameworks
- Implementation of a scheduled program of patching & firmware/software upgrades
- Participating in major incident process when service outages occur
- Driving improvement across IT controls and compliance
- Maintaining of unified Comms (including Teams, MS Teams Telephony, SharePoint, and cloud-hosted platforms (Azure and AWS)
- Assesses the suitability of technological advances and 3rd party services to deliver increased efficiencies
- Candidate must hold the MCSE Microsoft accreditations
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 3rd line position
- Microsoft Exchange/Office 365
- Azure AAD/AD
- DNS, DHCP
- Server Clusters and SAN topology
- Networks/ Switching
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Server and Desktop Virtualisation (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Cloud applications
- SQL Server
- Backup/DR technologies (Azure/Veeam preferred)
- ERP/CRM Systems experience
- Azure Back Up
- Cisco Networking
- Windows Autopilot
- £45000-£50000 (depending on experience)
- NW9 postcode with parking
- Holidays - 25 + 8 bank holidays
They will undertake initial video interviews on Zoom/Teams before inviting candidates reaching second stage to attend site. This is a site based role requiring daily presence on site to support the operation. You must have the right to work within the UK without sponsorship. Please upload your CV and answer the questions through the screening process.
Kingsbury, London, UK