|Listed on:||16th July|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £30,000|
|Start Date:||2021-07-16 00:00:00|
Junior Development Engineer
AAMP Global Ltd is a market-leading manufacturer of aftermarket and original equipment manufacture (OEM) technology - we provide access to the latest in-vehicle technology, no matter the age of the vehicle.
Formed in 1987, we have over 30 years of experience providing innovative solutions to more than 7,000 customers, whether that's enhanced audio equipment, improved safety features or in-vehicle entertainment. We are experts in vehicle electrical systems and we're able to install new technology in both commercial and passenger vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Junior Development Engineer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis in Bordon.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 20 days' holiday (rising to 25 with service) plus eight Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free parking
- Life assurance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a product or electronic engineer preferably from an automotive electrical/electronic background to join us and expand their skills within a marketing-leading business.
We are proud of our enviable reputation which is built on the principles of providing a reliable, customer-focused and in-house service. In order to maintain our market position, we need exceptional people on the team. And that's where you come in.
So, if you are an engineering professional looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and develop your career, we would like to hear from you.
As a Junior Development Engineer, you will provide engineering knowledge and support to the R&D Team.
Working with the main Product Development Team, you will design and develop new products, product specifications and solutions and provide support to the Product Managers.
You will ensure all standards are met, manage timeframes in line with project deadlines, and be responsible for all supporting paperwork.
Building and maintaining strong working relationships between relevant departments, you will:
- Use C/C++ coding language for bare metal software development
- Create test examples and schedules for prototypes from circuit diagrams and supplier information
- Manage and work with APIs for client interfaces
- Carry out electronic assembly, prototype and module assembly as well as wiring and soldering etc.
- Support existing products through testing, quality management and technical support
- Create detailed wiring diagrams and product specifications
- Carry out supplier selection in liaison with the Quality Team
To be considered as a Junior Development Engineer, you will need:
- Previous experience in product and/or electronic engineering roles
- Experience of fitting pre-made cable assemblies and/or wiring harnesses
- Automotive electrical and/or electronic experience desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of current and future product statutory type approvals and processes
- Knowledge of installing and assembling connectors and terminals
- Knowledge of diagnostic tools and an understanding of wiring diagrams
- The ability to disassemble and reassemble vehicles desirable not essential
- Familiarity with drafting standards
- A proven team player, with excellent communication skills at all levels
- To be organised, reliable and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Applications, 2D and CAD
- A City & Guilds/HND or equivalent experience
Experience in SolidWorks, Rapid Harness and Altium would be preferred. Familiarity with CAN systems, and integrating into these would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge of E-Marking, CE, and RED.
Other organisations may call this role Development Engineer, NPD Engineer, New Product Development Engineer, Product Engineer, Electronics Engineer, or Electronic Design Engineer.
AAMP Global Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Junior Development Engineer, please select the apply button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
General Data Protection Act - Privacy statement for potential applicants:
AAMP Global Ltd. receives your personal data when you apply directly for a role that has been advertised; this could be when you respond to a job post placed by AAMP Global Ltd. on a job board when you submit your CV through our website.
The below explains how we process personal data received into our organisation. When you send in you send in your CV through a job board or directly through our website you will be asked if you consent to us collecting and storing your personal information. This may include but is not restricted to your name, contact details, address, employment history, mobility and education.
During telephone conversations and face to face interviews, we may collect personal information with regards to employment preferences, strengths and work experience which may be stored on your personal record. This information facilitates our ability to support your job search and to provide a basis for recommendation when short-listing candidates for a particular role. By providing consent when you send in your CV you are providing permission for us to store this information. AAMP Global Ltd. will never share your personal information or curriculum vitae with a third party without your explicit consent.
If you are unsure about any of the above information, please do not hesitate to contact the HR Manager.
Contact Name: AAMP Global
Job ID: 2956065