IT Support Engineer
£26000 - £32000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Founded in 2004, we are eloquent IT geeks, which means we really know our stuff, but we are used to working with all levels of technical understanding. Our combination of technical expertise and our obsession with service excellence sets us apart. Our job is to make our clients' IT work seamlessly, as well as being their trusted advisor when it comes to new IT developments. The company has grown consistently, and we are now at an important juncture in our next stage of development and growth creating the need for this role.
You are a self-starter with a real passion for learning. You want to be a part of a great team in a growing London-based business. You're a geek at heart and love to play around with the latest technologies. You get a buzz from solving problems in a busy environment and you understand the importance of excellent client service, which means you can also give simple explanations without using IT jargon. You believe that the world can be a better place through the effective use of IT and want to help make that happen.
This is a hybrid flexible role (remote and in office working). You will provide remote technical support, as part of a team, for all our clients. You will be expected to demonstrate a strong work ethic when it comes to managing issues, have a keenness to learn and develop an appreciation for the various client cultures and requirements. We have a Training Programme in place which ensures you are developing core skills for your future career in IT support. We also carry out regular one to ones and six-monthly performance reviews, providing a regular opportunity for two-way feedback.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- A solid academic background in IT / computer related, Physics, Maths or Engineering discipline, possibly combined with Business
- 1-3 years' industry experience
- Proven track record of working with: hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Office 365, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix.
- Great interpersonal skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- An ability to engage professionally and always deliver an exceptional client experience
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients.
- A client centric attitude and a continual focus on end user experience
- IT qualifications and certifications
- Competitive starting salary, depending on experience and location
- Shift allowance and paid overtime
- Learning, development and progression opportunities
- 21 days holiday, public holidays, and birthday day off
- Flexible working after probation
- Private healthcare after 6 months
- Regular performance reviews
- A fun, friendly work environment
- Regular social events