About The Role
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. Despite being a national Society, it keeps its local values and loyalty, and its caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say. Our recent employee survey rated us Number 8 in the Best Big Companies to Work For list in 2021. We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can be long and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
And of course, we don't pretend that what you do for us is all there is to you. We want you to bring your whole self to work - parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert... whatever it is that makes you YOU. We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that's how you are able to be your best.
We're recruiting for a Senior Technical Requirements Analyst considered as a skilled technical practitioner with an understanding of any given technology solution, responsible for directing the analysis discipline and activities within that domain, with a proven record of delivery, having worked on multiple, highly complex projects concurrently.
We're looking for positive, proactive people who really believe in the values of a mutual building society, owned by its members. We want someone who knows they've got something special to contribute and is passionate about being part of what we do.
Senior Technical Requirements Analyst technical role requirements:
As the Senior Technical Requirements Analyst you will have primary responsibility for the quality output of work products produced within your domain.
- You know how to deliver analysis activities for the full SDLC, for both waterfall and agile ways of working.You understand the other roles within the SDLC and how analysis activities can support them.
- You know how to operate within Agile and Lean frameworks, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. You can think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You are able to act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. You understand working using agile methodology at an organisational level. You know how to create an environment for success.
- You know how to direct technical analysis including the discovery of information and evidence and the identification of problems and opportunities. You can ensure that recommendations fit with strategic business objectives. You are able to actively manage senior stakeholders and create a compelling case for change. You can own methods and identify the most suitable approach out of a variety of approaches.
- You know about the wider digital economy and advances in technology; you understand how these impact in a financial services context. You have in depth knowledge of Non Functional Requirements, and the importance of technical change and the impact on system design. You can make decisions that set the standards for others to follow.
- You can contribute to the creation and maintenance of the technical designs, assisting architects and designers to understand the impact of various technical solutions
- You provide the opportunity for others to grow in their roles by focussed assignment based coaching, and can lead others to innovate in their work as well as enabling them to innovate on their own
- You can provide the direction for teams in using the most appropriate tools and methodologies and introduce new ones
- You set the methods and standards for eliciting requirements, defining standards and quality targets. You know how to set priorities for strategic business change. You can define standards and targets and engage stakeholders, managing multiple stakeholder perspectives and expectations
- You know how to direct the strategic approach for stakeholder relationships, establishing and promoting the meeting of stakeholder objectives. You can influence important senior stakeholders and provide an arbitration function
- You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user
- Business Process modelling
- UML modelling, e.g. Sequence diagrams, Interaction diagrams
- Use cases / user stories / epics / user journeys
- Logical interface modelling
- Detailed interface specification
- Familiarity with REST API terminology
- Data modelling / Entity-relationship modelling
- Data mapping
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Event-driven data processing
- Performance and volumetrics modelling/analysis
- Performance monitoring
- Overall understanding of middleware stack components
Security - General understanding
- Mobile/online authentication stack, 1FA / 2FA etc.
- SIEM (Security Incident and Event Monitoring)
- Fin Crime, suspicious activity detection
Monitoring / alerting / analytics
- Use or knowledge of monitoring tools e.g. AppDynamics, Adobe Analytics, log analytics and so on.
- Any experience in alert / event aggregation