We're an Executive Search organisation with approximately 30 users and offices in Herts, London and Europe.
Our IT systems run on remote desktops in an RDS environment managed and supported by an external 3rd party IT provider. We use Microsoft 365 together with a number of line of business applications.
We currently have a vacancy for an Infrastructure Manager who would be responsible for the following:-
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to our users on their local desktops and home networks.
- Acting as point of contact for all technical problems and, where appropriate, liaising with the 3rd party IT provider to get them resolved in an acceptable timeframe.
- Managing the Microsoft 365 admin portal.
- Liaising with 3rd party application providers where required to resolve problems.
- Software and hardware maintenance of the company laptops, computers and printers
- Managing and co-ordinating UK office moves as required
- Organising updates to the 2 main line of business applications as required
- Purchasing IT equipment and consumables ensuring best value
- Assisting with contract negotiations with 3rd party suppliers and holding them accountable for providing the correct service levels
- Managing UK telephone systems (landline and mobiles) ensuring best contracts/technologies are in place. Providing support for overseas offices when problems arise
- Liaising with local IT support for overseas offices if unable to travel in person
Ideally candidates should have had experience of working for a small business, providing 2nd line IT support. Character and personality coupled with a can-do attitude are as important as technical ability. Patience, perseverance and importantly, a can-do attitude are essential in this role.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in a variety of tasks, which could be anything from setting up an AV facility in an office, or visiting one of the users' homes to troubleshoot a networking problem, or using Teamviewer to resolve a users' local printing issue.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong networking experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10
- Experience of providing desktop IT support in a RDS environment
- Experience of liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of supporting and administrating Office365
- Experience of providing user support in person and remotely using Teamviewer
- Experience of providing first line support for line of business apps
- Experience of liaising with and managing 3rd party IT and telecom providers
- Experience of supporting the IT in an Executive Search firm
- Knowledge of Microsoft's RDS
- Experience of Ikiru's Filefinder application
- Commercial experience negotiating contracts
- A ‘can do' attitude
£30,000 - £33,000
Contact Name: Unidentified