Internal Auditor - Leeds
£50000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Ideal for a first time mover out of practice or someone with previous industry audit experience, this business has an outstanding, flexible culture and will provide strong progression opportunities.
* Assisting in planning audits to gain a thorough understanding of the area under review and determine the key risks and controls.
* Testing and critically evaluating controls and raising issues where controls are inadequate or ineffective.
* Recommending improvements which mitigate residual risk but are also commercial and practical.
* Preparing high quality working papers so that work performed is evidenced and issues are captured.
* Drafting audit issues that are clear, concise and factually correct for inclusion in the final audit report.
* Understanding and supporting the GIA strategy and the importance of own role in the delivery of GIA strategy and plan.
* Complying with all relevant GIA and company policies and procedures.
* Building and maintaining an effective working relationship with management, staff and stakeholders to understand their needs and expectations.
* Supporting implementation of best practice and new initiatives such as data analysis to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
* Proven experience in auditing financial and operational controls within the insurance or the financial services sector;
* A relevant qualification or part-qualification in Accountancy or Internal Audit;
* A dedicated team player, who takes initiative and actively solves problems;
* Knowledge of the insurance market;
* Knowledge of Internal Audit and Risk Management principles and how these activities form part of the three lines of defence governance framework;