Solution Architect (AEM)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
£80000 - £100000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are currently recruiting for a Solutions Architect with experience in Agile methodologies (e.g. TDD, SCRUM) and deployment on cloud-based platforms to join a leading digital organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Our client develops and delivers custom software, using technology to make money, save money, create efficiencies, integrate systems, and solve problems. They are on a mission to help organisations and their customers thrive in today's fast paced world. To do this they need people who want to make a difference and will go the extra mile to deliver for their customers.As Solutions Architect, your first project will be to re-platform the CMS of a key client to Adobe Experience Manager. You'll lead the delivery of the entire project, ensuring its success for the entire business.
This role is fully remote working from the off, with no future requirement to work in the office.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc)
- Experience using and deploying on Cloud based platforms
- Experience of Adobe Experience Manager
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of more than one programming language
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent stakeholder management experience, including IT, Business and Supplier relationships
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the architectures follow the direction set by the Enterprise Architect and are innovative, robust, scalable and supportable, whilst providing a best-in-class user experience.
- Briefing development teams on the product architecture and supporting / reviewing / checking detailed designs
- Adjusting the architecture in the face of requirements changes and implementation issues, through to launch.
- Working with delivery teams, assisting and providing expertise to steer the implementation of the agreed architecture.
- Contributing enthusiastically to the company's continuous improvement of coding practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes.
- Shaping the future vision of the company's technology direction.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- A flexible approach to working hours, and fully remote working
- Continuous personal development, career path and training, with an opportunity to access LinkedIn Learning
If you think you'd be a great fit for this role, click "apply" and we'll get things rolling. If you'd like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.