Project Control Officers - DV CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls Officer to join our team on a contract basis, working alongside our client in Gloucestershire.
Initial contracts will be given for 12 months, but there will be intent to extend for a much longer period.
Roles are available on both a full and part-time basis. In a full-time role, applicants should expect to be onsite with our client for a maximum of 4 days per week, with at least 1 day working from home.
In this role, you will encounter a variety of technical, managerial and people challenges. Your main area of focus will be to provide advice and assistance to support adherence to project processes, using influence where necessary, and working with a range of stakeholders to agree appropriate actions.
Duties will include:
* Providing support at client meetings
* Participating in knowledge sharing activities with a view to developing continuous improvement to the client service
* Providing advice and guidance to the client in the appropriate use of PRINCE2
* Planning lifecycle co-ordination and scheduling updates
* Managing finances - e.g. budgets and burn rates
* Risk and Issue lifecycle management and maintenance
* Planning, delivering, and maintaining communications.
Whilst we're ideally looking for applicants to hit the ground running, this is an excellent opportunity to show your capability, to develop skills, knowledge and attributes that fit firmly within the project management career pathway.
Applicants will need to hold valid security clearance and also be qualified in, or be working towards, an accredited Project Management Certification E.g. Prince 2, PMP or APM.
A working knowledge (and where possible, demonstrable experience) in the following areas is requested:
* Confidence working independently, using own initiative, and managing own workload, and also enjoying working as part of a team
* Building relationships with immediate contacts at all levels in the business
* Good attention to detail; high level of accuracy
* Problem solving and analytical skills, enabling innovative solutions and insightful decision making and recommendations
* Change control, Risk and Issue, Documents and Requirements management
* Understanding of financial processes and the ability to report financial data
* Strong Excel Skills and the ability to manipulate big data using spreadsheets
* Working in a consultancy or customer- facing role (either with internal or external clients).
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;