Role: Python Developer
This role will give you the opportunity to join a leading health-care organisation working on Covid project which will be influential in helping strategies moving forward.
- Design and development of highly scalable core services using the Python language
- Development and maintenance of the CMS system for the mobile and web applications using the django framework
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Development and maintenance of the data pipeline for analytics and reporting tools
- Developing reusable, testable, and efficient code using Python
- Follow and contribute to our engineering standards, tooling and processes.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Collaboration with the Research and Design Teams in order to understand end user requirements for the implementation of new software features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop applications using rapid agile methods with focus to deliver agreed shippable components to the end user and subsequent iteration to acceptance.
- Take ownership of the solution from end to end, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a web solution.
- Developing applications using a microservices architecture.
- Testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues.
- Writing clean and well-structured code.
- Develop and document detailed architectures for web solutions.
- Collaborate and work with other application developers and cloud service providers to ensure PHE derives the maximum benefit from any third-party service providers and that the right knowledge is transferred in-house.
- Continuously seek to improve your own knowledge of work areas and embrace the agile framework of software delivery methodology and aim to reach full agility with continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience of developing web applications using Python and the Django framework
- Good understanding of CMS platforms such as Django CMS or Wagtail
- Familiarity with best practices for web development
- Experience of relational database design and programming using SQL
- Experience with Pandas and PumPy
- Experience of working with public/private cloud APIs, such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins/Travis)
- Experience with NodeJS and Node Package Manager (NPM)
- 6 months initial (planned extensions for the next 12-18 months minimum
- Competitive daily rate
- Fully remote - work anywhere from the UK
- NB: please note this is an Inside IR35 Contract
Contact Name: Toby Drake