Kingston Upon Thames
£45000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is an established Managed Service Provider in Kingston-upon-Thames with a customer base all over the UK and abroad. They are focussed on staying ahead of the curve and competition in the market. That means that they can offer lots of opportunities to look at new and exciting technologies.
You will report to the Managing Director who will mentor and help you develop your technical and leadership skills. This is a hands-on role where you will rely on your technical and organisational skills to deliver and oversee technical solutions for their customers.
You will oversee and run multiple simultaneous projects to ensure that the Project Team achieves its targets. This will involve:
- Managing Project Technicians
- Designing the technical solutions
- Working with the Finance Manager to create quotes
- Liaising with the Customer Success Director to get projects signed off
- And then deploying and/or delegating projects
- Devising technical roadmaps for individual customers and oversee implementation
- Research and recommend technical enhancements to existing and future services
Alongside the Operations Manager you will
- Devise, implement and oversee technical training plans for technicians
- Provide technical quality assurance for technical processes
- And have input on technical staff appraisals and performance reviews
- Demonstrated ambition and drive to take responsibility for technology within an MSP
- Have excellent organisational abilities and show how you contributed to the development and maintenance of quality standards within a technical role
- Experience of mentoring technicians and leading by example
- Be an excellent communicator, liaise with customers at all levels but particularly with senior management
They are a Microsoft accredited business therefore their customers are predominantly on Microsoft solutions using Microsoft 365, SharePoint, OneDrive, Azure, Teams, Server 2012+ and Windows 10. It is essential you have experience architecting, deploying, troubleshooting and administering these solutions.
You must have in-depth experience of
- Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Microsoft Office and Windows 10 administration and troubleshooting
- Windows server 2012+ administration and troubleshooting
- IP networking and advanced firewall configuration
- An in-depth understanding of Cyber Security principles, concepts and technologies
- At least 3 years' experience working in a senior technician role at an MSP
- Smartphone and tablet configuration and management
- MSP tools - PSA, RMM, remote access and technical documentation
- Disaster recovery and backup technologies and software
- It would be beneficial to have experience with Evaluating and preparing systems for Cyber Essentials certification
- Flexible working environment
- 24 days holiday including your Birthday, or the closest working day off. Three days to be reserved for between Christmas and New Year.
- Annual bonus scheme
- Auto-enrolled pension