Data Engineer - Hadoop x 10
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
City Of London
£450 - £490
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data Engineer - HADOOP x 10
As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for the development, performance, quality, and scaling of our data pipelines, with a special focus on data quality. You will work independently and will also be responsible for making technical decisions within a team
* Rapidly developing next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance data pipelines.
* Solving issues with data and data pipelines, prioritizing based on customer impact.
* End-to-end ownership of data quality in our core datasets and data pipelines.
* Experimenting with new tools and technologies to meet business requirements regarding
performance, scaling, and data quality.
* Providing tools that enhance Data Quality company wide.
* Providing self-organizing tools that help the analytics community discover data, assess
quality, explore usage, and find peers with relevant expertise.
* Acting as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Contributing to the growth of our organization through interviewing, on-boarding, or other
* Experience with building scalable data pipelines in distributed environments with
technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, HBase, MySQL, etc.
* Knowledgeable about data modelling, data access, and data storage techniques.
* Understands and can develop streaming processing applications using technologies like Flink, Kafka-Streams, Spark-Streaming, etc.
* Hands-on experience of developing in and contributing to open-source data technologies, such as Hadoop.
* Demonstrable experience with SQL, HQL, CQL, etc.
* Experience of working on systems on large scale.
* Good understanding of basic analytics and machine learning concepts.
* Excellent communication, written and spoken
* Java, Python, Perl, etc.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;