Manufacturing Engineer - Leicester
12 Month Contract
Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO's & CD) and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
Own the manufacturing engineering activities for NPI and CPO as part of a cross-functional integrated programme team, including;
- Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance and yield
- Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
- Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
- Development of assembly processes and procedures
- Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
- Creation of product routings within ERP system
- Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
- Support ready to serve 'RTS' activities within production to maintain yield & delivery expectations
- HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
- Ability to use CAD (AutoCAD or Solidworks/Pro/Engineer) to design fixtures.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing techniques, Shainin, Quality System, and statistical process control tools.
- Understanding of process and design.
- Knowledge of sensor manufacture and the use of measurement equipment used advantageous.
- Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Sound understanding of stress/strain and ability to apply to pressure systems design advantageous.
- Understanding of Light Electromechanical Assembly in a high mix production environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively.
- Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology.
- The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing,
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery.
- Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative.
- Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
- Experience of using SAP software highly advantageous.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Apprentice
- Experience with pressure measurement technologies
- Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterisation systems
Please submit your CV to be considered via the 'APPLY' button below, or get in touch for more information.
Engineering Recruitment Consultant
Contact Name: Fahad McCann