bp is reinventing itself and digital capability is at the core of this vision. Our Innovation and Engineering teams enable strategic platforms that make the future digital vision a reality. The purpose of the platform team is to enable product teams to deliver work with meaningful autonomy, focusing on the foundation of self-service API, tools, services, knowledge, and support which are arranged as a compelling internal product.
Join us and you'll have an opportunity to use your existing experience and expertise whilst continuing to develop professionally at global level. Personal growth and development are encouraged and learning opportunities are plentiful. You are empowered to create a great platform to delight your customers
If unlocking value by bringing teams together using digital capability excites you, we want you!
The Identity Engineering and Privileged Access Management portfolio sits within Developer & Identity Platforms Portfolio. The team is responsible for enabling of application and developer teams to create reusable identity authentication solutions for secure frictionless authentication. Human Privileged identities are also managed along side an every growing set of identities. Finally, this team also supports our partner identity platform for federated authentication and collaboration across organizations.
About the job:
The Staff Platform Engineer role is responsible for leading both development and operations of product features on the identity platforms for the SSO, Federated identity models, privilege access and partner solutions. In addition will also develop products and processes to managing Machine Identities across the enterprise estate.
- Contribute to the vision and capability to transform Identity into an accelerator.
- Good Knowledge of authentication protocols and design patterns e.g SAML, OAuth, OpenID, SCIM, Kerberos, WebAuthN, JWTs, Directories etc
- Good Experience with Microsoft Identity platforms e.g. (AAD, AD), MS ID protection Conditional Access, MFA, MS App proxy etc.
- Capability to drive Product Ownership end to end including running product councils, feature prioritization based on customers feedback.
- Good understanding of pass-wordless technology as it is applied to developers (vaulting) and client and server applications
- Development - prioritizing and delivering requirements in collaboration with the Product Owner. Includes handling incoming demand, recoveries, and capacity management.
- Understand and appetite to automated product features for federated platform consumption, using Service telemetry to establish SLO with product owners
- Manage third party suppliers delivering technical architecture, development, and maintenance to meet BP's objectives of delivery consistency and quality, speed to market, and cost efficiency.
- Design, build, and transform Enterprise Identity platforms across teams and technologies.
- Build out current state and future state designs with the Architects, technical roadmaps aligned with product owners, product leadership, and key partners.
- Effectively drive requirements and execution across various partner groups and engineering teams.
- Provide guidance across all Identity authentication stacks technologies and key dependencies across enterprise systems.
- Advocate and drive an outstanding user experience through sophisticated technical and security capability.
- Facilitating and communicating advanced technical details to across technical, product, and senior leadership teams to drive transformation.
- Mentor the technology teams through timely technical and leadership guidance.
- Adopts change and modern working multi-functionally and collaboratively to influence desired outcomes.
- Think strategically and execute technically across diverse teams.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology/Computer Science, or relevant job experience
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience across IAM technologies such as (LDAP, directories, certificates,
- SAML/OAUTH, MFA, Adaptive Authentication, PKI, IGA, and MDM management techniques)
- Experience with Enterprise Identity platforms
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.