Technical Lead - Python, R
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with your technical peers across the team and across Government to enable the project vision of transforming how Government departments will publish statistical data.
- Be proficient in a wide range of technical systems and technologies and open web standards and be ready to take on new learning opportunities.
- Contribute to the community by providing coaching and mentoring of less senior members of the team, promoting knowledge sharing and adoption of good practice.
- Participate in team Agile / Scrum techniques and sessions.
You will get to work with a broad spectrum of technologies, such as, but not limited to:
- GitHub, Jenkins.
- Triple / Quad stores, Graph & Relational databases / Cloud storage technologies.
- Kubernetes, Cloud Computing / Processing, Docker.
- Open data standards and tooling: CSV on the Web (CSV-W), JSON-LD, Data Cube, SKOS, SPARQL, RDF.
- Experience with development process optimisation; identifying process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contributing to the implementation of proposed solutions.
- Experience of aligning with the set information security levels of your project. You will have an appreciation of information security, designing solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats as a core part of the solutions and services.
- Able to apply best practice availability and capacity management, managing the service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding and application of the most appropriate standards and practices. You will take responsibility for coaching and guiding others.
- Strong programming and build skills and experience as you will be advising on the application of standards and methods, ensuring compliance. You will maintain technical responsibility for all the stages and iterations of a software development project. You can provide technical advice to stakeholders and set the team-based standards for programming tools and techniques.
- Experience of applying prototyping into the agile development phases. You will ensure prototyping as a team activity - actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. You will establish design patterns and iterate them.
- Able to apply appropriate service support by identifying, locating and fixing faults.
- Good appreciation of systems design, you will design systems characterised by medium levels of risk, impact, and business or technical complexity. You will select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensure they are applied effectively. You will review the systems designs of others to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Good appreciation of systems integration. You will define the integration build and coordinate build activities across multiple systems; understanding how to undertake and support integration-testing activities.
- Able to support user focused colleagues by collaborating with user researchers who represent users internally. You will explain the difference between user needs and the desires of the user. You will champion user research to focus on all users. You know how to prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story, guiding others in doing so. You will offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.
- Able to program in R or Python, or a desire to build skills in these languages.
- Experience with TDD / BDD frameworks.
- Experience with, or an interest in the use of Reproducible Analytical Pipelines (RAP).
- Experience of using open data standards.
- Experience with World Wide Web Consortium standards: CSV on the Web, Data Cube vocabulary, RDF, SKOS, graph or relational databases.
- Experience with ontology engineering, semantic data modelling, SPARQL, triple-stores, linked data APIs etc.
- Experience with data modelling as well as ability to perform data processing tasks.
- Knowledge and experience of semantic Web technologies and frameworks such as OWL, RDF and HTML.
- Knowledge and experience of RESTful architectures.
- Experience of Web Scraping and HTML.
- Working with SQL, HDFS and SQL Server databases.
- Experience working with large-volume raw operational data.
- Experience or certification in Scrum.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;