|Listed on:||5th July|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SIMPLE | PERSONAL | FAIR
Here at Santander Technology we push the boundaries and create innovative, customer centric tech solutions for Santander. We collaborate to provide these world-class technical solutions and are adopting Agile across our business as we digitally transform our platforms and services to create the bank of the future.
Our teams adopt change and continually look for new and better ways to deliver. We collaborate to solve problems and find solutions in what can be a complex and challenging environment. Our passion for excellence and our tech is what makes Santander Technology so successful. We champion diversity, form teams and support learning resulting in a people orientated and diverse environment for all.
We have around 2,500 colleagues working across the UK with a further 10,000 colleagues across the globe and our presence is everywhere that Santander operates. You too could be part of our tech team serving 133 million Santander customers globally.
The Digital Services team is responsible for customer interactions for the Bank. Whether it's for the online digital channels such as Mobile and Online Bank or the Fraud prevention systems that underpin the Customer interaction, the Digital Services are responsible for delivering the best and protected customer experiences.
We are a motivated team where good team working is vital, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work and possess the enthusiasm and aim to make things happen.
Wanted: people-focused Android Team Lead.
As such, you have to be interested in the care and feeding of humans battling to deliver the best experience to our end users while satisfying our stakeholders. We've got a great team and they'll need your support to continue in success.
You need to be interested in security, know how to update old codebases to handle new requirements, create and participate in creating new APIs and ways of delivering those APIs, foster discussions, bring consensus, wrestle alligators, and meet with stakeholders. Almost all of those are very important.
What we're looking for
* Keep the developers engaged and interested, and encourage their development
* Help maintain existing app, adapt it as necessary
* Help design a new way to incorporate new work to the existing app
* Help design and implement a whole new architecture
* Help design and implement a new CI solution
* Lead efforts to design new procedures for development, testing and deployment
* Lead and encourage the documentation of all this creation
* Lead the team's efforts in supporting each other: code reviews, mentoring and pairing
* Provide the best information possible to the Product Owners, BAs and other stakeholders
* Help identify and document issues, and troubleshoot and fix those reported by others
* Bring together the Android developers across all the teams (and in other departments)
* Treat every conversation as if you're speaking to a customer
* Encourage, motivate and nurture the junior and mid-level Android devs of today into the Team Leads of tomorrow
* Participate in finding ways to bring success to the "new normal"
* Never be happy with "good enough"
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Have a solid Android background using both Kotlin & Java
* Demonstrate a solid understanding of key Android APIs and components, including those relating to user-interfaces, network communications, inter-app communication, permissions, and security
* Deliver consensus across teams
* Demonstrate developing your team members
What we offer?
Opportunities to embrace Agile with us as we transform our business, work in an environment with leading edge technology, attend 'Meet Ups' and be part of internal and external technology communities and work for an organisation that's dedicated to your learning and ongoing development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.