Role: Senior Technical Project Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
**Candidates must operate via an approved Umbrella company for this role
Our client equips the financial community with advanced technology, data, analytics and expertise to help customers uncover opportunity and manage risk and to enable efficient global financial markets.
A Senior Project Manager is required to join the Desktop Platform Technology organisation. The role will report into a Programme Manager and drive the group focus on providing the best in class solutions to their market leading Desktop/Data/Content Intelligence Products.
- The Senior Technical Project Manager will define, scope and manage one or more projects of medium size/complexity and will work with senior project and other management to ensure technical and/or business objectives are achieved. These projects will be within our Desktop Platform/Data Platform/Content Intelligence portfolio, bridging the gap between technology and business change to deliver on the wider business strategy.
- Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project. Typical project complexity/size will 6-12 months duration and involve up to 100 FTEs across one or more locations.
- The technology delivery teams are currently enhancing a range of powerful Applications that help customers understand the markets and make crucial decisions while helping them to connect to the world's largest verified directory of financial professionals on a platform that acts as a catalyst for innovation in global financial services industry.
- Delivers scaled agile software product projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality, within the organization's project management framework.
- Assists teams understanding agile processes and approaches
- Defines, documents and manages smaller-scale projects with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices.
- Actively participates in all phases / agile ceremonies of the project or specific phases of larger projects. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions
- Estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed scope and constraints.
- Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan
- Implement effective communication plan and operating rhythm, including provision of regular and accurate reports.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages change control gaining agreement for revisions from project stakeholders.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team ensuring members are motivated and developing their skills and experience. Identifies any problems with sponsorship
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Define, scope and manage bounded areas of project work while supporting business and program management staff.
- Leadership of medium-scale projects, may be global or regional in scope.
- Typical projects may include the entire lifecycle from requirements through to deployment or specific parts of the lifecycle of a larger project.
- Implementation may require product launch / direct impact on our customers' businesses.
- Complexity and risk to be managed typically associated with projects requiring 10s of FTE (equivalent of fulltime) staff, in multiple locations and project duration <=12 months
- Deliver projects to support our ability to achieve revenue targets in customer segments.
- Be able to operate in a very dynamic environment with few processes and competing priorities
- Experience with managing teams of 60+
- Able to reduce complex issues with a high number of stakeholders into easily actionable tasks to drive delivery
- Have a 'can do' attitude that allows for taking on things that may seem as if they are outside the remit of the role when it means getting things delivered
- Strong communicator who can keep management up to do date on key activities of program level interest
- Knows how to determine what is urgent and what is important and balance work between the two
- Full ownership and end to end mindset with a cast iron integrity in all dealings, both internal and external
- Show concern for your work colleagues
- Thrive on change and demonstrate a "can-do" attitude to all things asked of you
- Be open and honest in dialogue, processes and seek consensus in decision making
- Be creative, co-operative and collaborative
- Highly motivated self-starter
Please submit CVs!
Contact Name: Experis UK