Data Analyst - Manchester
£400 - £425
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Contract Business Data Analyst
Manchester / Remote
£400 - £425 per day
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Change team of this mid-tier financial services business as a Business Data Analyst on a 6 month contract.
As a Business Analyst you will be part of the Change Team and will be responsible for requirements definition and change request management.
The role will be based 1-2 of days a week in the Manchester office and 3-4 days from home.
What will you be doing?
* Collating, understanding and defining business requirements for projects, portfolios and change requests, then translating these into requirements definitions
* Process mapping and re-engineering to create efficiencys
* Defining solutions that are appropriate to the business
* Analyse and document both current (As Is) and proposed (To Be) business processes from an operational and system perspective.
* Present business benefits and articulate requirements at all levels including Senior Management.
* Engineering of new business processes.
* Day to day management and prioritisation of change requests within the project against plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
* Communicate at high levels to key personnel and stakeholders.
* Previous experience required of Business Analysis/Requirements Gathering and Business Change.
* Strong understanding of financial controls and risk
* Good analytical and numeracy skills required
* Data analysis skills using Excel to create pivot tables with data breakdowns
* BCS Business Analysis qualification is an added benefit
* ISEB qualification in Business Requirement Engineering is an added benefit
* Knowledge of waterfall and agile development methods
* Experience of UML, Use Cases and User Stories
* Strong documentation skills, in particular the documenting of detailed requirements
* Ability to facilitate groups of people at all levels to gather meaningful requirements
* Ability to articulate key points/detail and present findings to key stakeholders