|Listed on:||28th June|
|Salary Notes:||Competitive + Benefits|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Rapha's mission is to make cycling the most popular sport in the world. In order to achieve this, we are committed to making the Rapha community a place of inclusion on and off the bike.
Rapha's Technology team are working to improve the ways we build and deliver software in support of our mission and enhance our customer's experience whether they be purchasing performance cycling clothing, joining a group ride via our mobile application or reading an inspiring story.
Rapha's mobile product team is responsible for creating innovative mobile apps that delight our customers both on and off the bike. We leverage cutting edge technologies such as GraphQL and Prisma to deliver the APIs that power our apps.
We are looking for a mid-level backend developer to drive the development of our backend stack.
- Working closely with the product manager and front end developers to define, build and deploy APIs to support new feature development in our mobile apps.
- Ensuring redundancy is built into all aspects of our platform to achieve high levels of service uptime.
- Working with our DevOps team to define, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure.
- Building and maintaining internal management tools for our admin staff.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, any relevant tool and framework updates and general best practices.
- Ensuring new and existing APIs have good test coverage so we can deploy with confidence.
- Maintain a CI / CD pipeline for our platform with the help of the DevOps team, and continually optimising this process over time.
- Enjoy freedom to discuss, design and build creative solutions to real world problems, to make long lasting impact.
Time to learn new skills and innovate with Innovation Days which lead to a
product which impacts the rest of the business.
- Opportunity and encouragement to contribute to open source projects when possible.
- Development experience in NodeJS. Experience with Typescript would be a plus.
- Hands-on AWS services such as (Lambda Functions, ECS, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Integration experience of third-party APIs
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, SAM,
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipelines on AWS services
- An interest in new technology and how it can be incorporated into a leading digital business environment to maintain a competitive edge.
- Ability to visit our office in London on a bi-weekly basis for meetings.
WORKING AT RAPHA
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks
- Learning resources and individual development budget
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- To help you understand what we mean by Love The Sport, every Wednesday morning you can go out riding rather than come into the office.
- Not a seasoned cyclist? Do not fear. We offer everyone the chance to fall in love with the sport. We will kit you out, introduce you to others and get you cycling with our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Discounted membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave