This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer to join a global manufacturing business, as they look to scale up their in-house IT function. You will get the chance to work across desktop environments, and back-end infrastructure environments, covering both BAU support and key projects, within their head office near Wolverhampton, and also across the company's wider UK sites.
- Michael Page are proud to be partnered with an award-winning, global manufacturing business, as they continue to invest heavily into their top-class, in-house IT function.
- The business has a large-scale head office near Wolverhampton, but also satellite sites throughout the UK and EMEA, all of which are supported by the centralised IT team at their West Midlands HQ.
- As the successful candidate for the 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer vacancy, you will join a talented team of IT Support Engineers, reporting into an IT Manager, and have responsibility for both BAU support of the company's end userbase, made up of approx. 2,000 users, in addition to exciting project work.
- The environment is largely Microsoft-based, and you will cover areas such as maintenance and monitoring of the company's server infrastructure, made up of Windows Server 2012-2019 systems, and hybrid VMWare and Hyper-V virtualised environments, whilst also working with project teams on key IT change projects.
- In addition to the exciting hands-on infrastructure project work, you will have the chance to provide expert end-user support to a wide userbase, including senior company executives, as you provide 2nd Line incident management of escalated Service Desk tickets across technologies such as Windows 10 operating systems, Office365 and general PC/laptop troubleshooting and MDM.
- The business offer outstanding career progression, with an IT function that includes IT Service, Infrastructure and Architecture divisions, so this really is a career opportunity.
- You will have the flexibility to travel to the company's sites across the UK where required, to get involved in hands-on project work, and resolve key incidents. As a result, a full, clean driving license is essential.
As the successful candidate for the 2nd/3rd Line IT Support Engineer position, you will be highly experienced in:
- Windows Server (2012/2016/2019)
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- Windows 10 OS
- TCP/IP, LAN/WAN Networking
£28,000 - £30,000 + Corporate Benefits (Including £3,600 Annual On-Call)