New role in for a long standing MSP client looking grow their Support team.
They required a strong 2nd Line Engineer with MSP experience to join them on the Swindon site to provide technical support and customer service.
My client is a growing MSP based in Swindon
- In-depth, end to end 2nd/3rd Line support through a ticketing system, dealing with both hardware and software from typical office applications through to more specialised software
- Setup, deployment, update and maintenance of client Windows based systems.
- Create and maintain IT related documentation for all systems
- Managing and maintaining virtualized environments (mainly Hyper-V)
- Monitoring, support, and maintenance of core servers and services
- Backups and disaster recovery systems
- Network infrastructure (both on site and inter site - e.g. VPN, Firewall and Routers)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in technical support role
- Previous experience in both end-user and infrastructure IT support activities essential
- Solid understanding and experience of supporting workstation environments
- Good understanding of Microsoft server platforms (including Active Directory)
- Good understanding of Microsoft Exchange / O365
- Good understanding of Microsoft cloud solutions
- Good understanding of networking (LAN/WANs, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP)
- Good understanding of security solutions (McAfee, Symantec)
- Experience of managing and supporting cloud based solutions (backup/DR/email)
- Experience of supporting mobile devices and relevant OS' (Windows, Apple, Android)
- Ability to get the job done with a proactive approach Ability and willingness to learn
£30,000 - £32,000 + £3,600 car allowance + additional benefits