Business Analyst - SC Cleared
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£300 - £450
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Business Analyst to join the Information Services function.
You'll be embedded within our Business Analysis capability, supporting a diverse customer base including Logistics, engineering and materials management, data analytics, emerging technology, and business services.
You'll be supporting a range of programs and initiatives; from business change and system implementation through to continuous improvement and proof of concept.
Apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving; understand the as-is, identify business improvements, assess the feasibility of change, and communicate the benefits.
Use a wide range of techniques for documenting, and presenting, complex information - from visualisations (such as, journey maps and rich pictures) through to structured business cases.
Lead the elicitation and management of requirements within a project; use appropriate capture techniques (such as workshops) and apply recognised methodologies for documentation (such as User Stories, or User and System Requirements).
Undertake business process analysis, and apply recognised techniques for the capture of as-is and to-be process (such as, UML or BPMN).
Apply strong communication skills; demonstrate excellent written and verbal presentation skills, lead the design and facilitation of workshops.
Employ effective stakeholder management within a project; building trusted relationships at all levels of the organisation, and driving collaboration between business and technical stakeholders.
Take a leading analysis role within a project; work on own initiative, and provide coaching to junior analysts as needed.
Deliver support throughout the project life-cycle; from initiation and requirements phases through to business readiness and implementation.
Manage and contribute to multiple projects with an ability to effectively prioritise workload.
Operate within staged, and controlled, project environments through to agile software development; contribute to all activities from 3-Point effort estimates and sprint planning through to after-action-reviews and retrospectives.
Actively contribute to the Business Analysis function; share experience across the team, and promote capabilities to the wider business.
Proactively identify opportunities for improvement; apply continuous improvement thinking to team and wider organisation.
Education and Experience
* 5+ years' experience in a BA role on medium to large projects
* Extensive business analysis experience gained within a dynamic, customer focused environment
* Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent in a business, IT or engineering discipline or closely related field
* Business Analysis qualifications from the BCS (or equivalent institute), or product owner certification,
* Experience of requirements and modelling tooling (JIRA, DOORS, Sparx EA, Cameo Systems Modeller).
* Experience of adopting, and applying, agile principles.
* Knowledge of Defence logistics / supply chain management, engineering, finance, asset management, maintenance and support environments.
* Any specific experience of Business Systems (Oracle, SAP, GOLDesp), TeamCentre Multisite and SharePoint 2013)
* Experience implementing networked environments (considering technology implementation, service management and process change).
* Experience of Architecture modelling techniques (TOGAF, UAF, Archimate).
* Awareness of intention, and approach, of the Government Digital Service.
* Experience of Design Thinking and Systems Thinking.
* Experience of working within a multinational matrix management environment / structure and a large-scale, complex international organisation.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award, that any business can receive, won in consecutive years, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade;