What you'll do:
- You'll support and coach multiple teams on Agile product delivery that adds business value and new exciting customer outcomes
- Partner with our Product and Design teams to agree business intent, delivery approach and milestones
- Provide a clear communication and coordination channel between engineering teams and also between engineering and the wider business
- You'll be involved in influencing all phases of delivery; from a new idea through to in-market results, and you'll need to be flexible in adopting different delivery styles
- You'll actively manage risks, issues and dependencies through to successful delivery
- Take accountability for the quality of delivery and team forecasts, using data and retrospective feedback to deliver early and often
- Drive improvements to our processes or technology changes and actively seek to remove roadblocks to delivery
- Be at the centre of information flows to reduce meeting overheads and be the go-to person for leading cross-team initiatives
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience delivering complex projects with world-class engineering teams using delivery methodologies, preferably agile environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, providing structured thinking and understanding to big problems, transforming them into actionable work for teams, coupled with an unwavering desire to deliver for our customers and business
- A high level of emotional intelligence to communicate effectively and overcome obstacles
- The necessary technical and business understanding and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- It would be advantageous if you have experience in or performing a Scrum Master role
What you'll get to learn (any previous experience would be advantageous):
- A wide range of technologies - from front end, customer facing applications to back end infrastructure
- Working with Cloud technologies and delivering technology projects in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working in a regulated industry and balancing this with exciting customer focus delivery
What's in it for you:
- Bring us all this - and you'll be handsomely rewarded with a role contributing to the product roadmap for an organisation committed to transformation
- We're continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve
- We love continuous learning and that's why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance - with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
What you should know about how we recruit:
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people, not the same people. Building diverse and inclusive teams is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do. We want to work with top talent: whoever you are, whatever you look like, wherever you come from. We know it's about what you do, not just what you say. That's why we make our recruitment process fair and accessible. And we offer benefits that attract people at all ages and stages.
We also partner with organisations including the Women in Finance and Race At Work Charters, Stonewall and upReach to find people from every walk of life and help them thrive with us. We have a whole host of internal networks and support groups you could be involved in, to name a few:
- REACH - Race Equality and Culture Heritage group focuses on representation, retention and engagement for associates from minority ethnic groups and allies
- OutFront - to provide LGBTQ+ support for all associates
- Mind Your Mind - signposting support and promoting positive mental wellbeing for all
- Women in Tech - promoting an inclusive environment in tech
- EmpowHER - network of female associates and allies focusing on developing future leaders, particularly for female talent in our industry
This is a permanent position and is based in our Nottingham offices (currently fully remote until September 2021). Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we're open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
We are committed to creating a level playing field and seek to create teams that are representative of our customers and the communities we serve. We'd love to hear from you if you identify with a typically under-represented group in our industry and are particularly keen to hear from women and ethnic minority candidates.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Who We Are
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Job ID R114381