1st Line Technical Support
£23,000 - £25,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This employer is a dynamic, privately owned Waste Management and Recycling Company. They collect, handle, process, dispose and recycle almost all forms of waste. Their main facility, at Ridham in Sittingbourne, Kent, provides specialist services for the recycling of plasterboard, wood, mixed dry recyclables and the manufacture of RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel).
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated individual to join their IT and Projects Team. You will be responsible for providing an effective 1st Line Technical Support for their business both at their Head Office near Sittingbourne and remote sites in the South East.
Your main duties/responsibilities will include:
- System maintenance and resolution of any general workplace IT issues.
- The maintenance of Company hardware, including the set-up or replacement of PCs, laptops, tablets and monitors.
- Monitoring the network for all sites and working closely with our outsourced IT department on any issues.
- Responsibility for all telephone contracts for landlines, mobiles, data and driver hand-held terminals.
- Provide the interface between the business and their ancillary hardware and software providers.
- Manage and maintain all relevant documentation.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for IT with a background in operating systems, hardware, software and telephones. You will need to be organised, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
To be considered for the position you must have/be:
- Previous experience in a 1st line support role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in all Microsoft operating systems and applications - Windows, Outlook, Word & Excel etc.
- A team player who is able to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
- An understanding of SQL would be advantageous but not essential.
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to progress their IT Support career and looking to take that next step up to develop their knowledge and skillset, whilst working for an expanding, forward thinking organisation.
Strictly no agencies.